Choosing a decent bike for a growing 11yr old (151cm tall)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was going to suggest that "his" daughter actually looks a lot like @pink poodle.... Hmmm coincidence maybe...
In that case you should probably ask @pink poodle before posting images of one of his kids, whether he knows they exist or not.

I've only stopped in Cairns twice as an adult...about maybe 8 or 9 years ago. It was part of transit between Sydney and Toyko. I had a pretty wild time and can't make any promises. Her birthday isnt in aug-oct is it?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I've only stopped in Cairns twice as an adult...about maybe 8 or 9 years ago. It was part of transit between Sydney and Toyko. I had a pretty wild time and can't make any promises. Her birthday isnt in aug-oct is it?
It is! Is this your way of offering to buy her next mountain bike?

HamboCairns

That is for the courts to decide!

FYI - Cairns has one of the shittest airports I have ever visited. Also how do you people fuck with all that humidity????
The airport is MUCH better now!

People that suffer with humidity are weak - probably explains why you didn't stay.

Seriously though, once you're hot your hot, you get used to the humidity for the most part but other times it gives you the shits when you have to change two or three times a day unless you love camping out indoors with aircon running 24/7 (not me!).

I go mountain biking early in the morning in summer so it's not too oppressive. Otherwise you can escape to the tablelands (Atherton, Davies Creek etc)

HamboCairns

@HamboCairns, I’m going to give you the most honest advice I ever have, or am ever likely to give you...

Build up a small 26”. It will be 1/2 the weight and have kick arse parts.
In 3 years, it will be worth as much or more than it cost.
A cheap 24 or 27.5 will be worth 1/6th of squat when she outgrows it and you resell.
I feel bad that I want to follow this advice but probably can't because parts will be too expensive to source and/or ship to me.