Generators, Batteries and Inverters

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
"Short summary: Home microwave ovens are typically 40–60% efficient. So if your 700W microwave oven is really generating 700W, it should draw 1200 or 10 - 15A at 120V."
Perfect then

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

indica

Serial flasher
Thoughts on the following for something not expensive that works.

or

Needs:
Not much in the fridge.
Way off grid - no. Mostly powered camp sites with some not.

binner

Hath shat hymself

or

Needs:
Not much in the fridge.
so are you lookig at this pack to power the fridge off grid or just as a back up when yo go off on a day trip?

mark22

Likes Dirt

or

Needs:
Not much in the fridge.
You won't get much more than a day with a 44ah battery in the warmer weather.

Maybe a Kings 98ah link
I have one in Kings battery box and solar Kings solar link
This setup will run very efficiently with a small amount of sun, ive used mine on Solar for a week with no other charging and it was still fully charged every day with a 60l fridge and some led lights and recharging devices.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
You won't get much more than a day with a 44ah battery in the warmer weather.

Maybe a Kings 98ah link
I have one in Kings battery box and solar Kings solar link
This setup will run very efficiently with a small amount of sun, ive used mine on Solar for a week with no other charging and it was still fully charged every day with a 60l fridge and some led lights and recharging devices.
That is good info

binner

Hath shat hymself
Coupla days maybe on and off.
Not totally off grid though
nahh, 44 wont last half a day with fridge draw trying pending on climate.... you need atleast 120 and just grab a cheap batt box to hook up to. Ebay, aldi etc always have em on sale. Then a light weight foldable solar panel with a decent invertor

binner

Hath shat hymself
^^^^^^^^thats kinda what you are after agm batt, batt box and panels... i like the lightweight panels..easy to carry and easy to store. Those alu frame ones are a bit heavy.
i want to move to li ion batts next year but damn they are still expensive....

sebbyreddan

Likes Dirt
I put a 120AH AGM from Positive Batteries Cairns into a Kings Box. Battery was $260, I think they sell the Kings boxes for around $60. They have the 20A Projecta DCDC Chargers with MPPT solar input there as well for about $300 so you can hook this up to your car as well as a solar panel. Not sure what panels they have there but their prices seem pretty good.