Deviate Highlander - more common around here than a Farkin Banshee

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yup, he has dialed things back hopefully a good comparison vid is coming. I remember riding your Nicolai around the campsite at Melrose and thinking how soft those Hope brakes felt....now ride Hopes myself and wouldn’t change.
Because you've gotten old and soft to match?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Very surprised at the result of this small experiment. Big difference !!!

These were hub bearings so should be ok under a bit of load.

Need to order myself a blind bearing puller now as it wont be a straight forward swap back without one.

Not sure on what quality is with bearings, does spending $100-$200 on ceramic bearings locally make them any better that $15 ones from China.

Will get some spares bought anyway.

Video is private till later, would DEVIATE give a fuck about me posting this publicly ?

@Tubbsy @atty @The Reverend

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Need to order myself a blind bearing puller now as it wont be a straight forward swap back without one.

Not sure on what quality is with bearings, does spending $100-$200 on ceramic bearings locally make them any better that $15 ones from China.

Video is private till later, would DEVIATE give a fuck about me posting this publicly ?

Massive difference! Nice one

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for posting. Mine is actually pretty light for resistance but that is ridiculously free spinning.

I can back pedal easily and that wasn't the case when I first got it. It would bind up a touch. Keen to see how this goes and how easy it is to install / maintain.

Getting a spare idler makes sense too, just in case.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

That's some good craic. Great experiment, look forward to hearing the long-term review down the track. Loved the bonus drop-bear too... :D