Don't Buy a Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Carbon

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sweet, I'm doing that and using a hair dryer. I've about 6 annoying the hell out of me.

Still loving it? Mine is blowing my mind. I've got to ride the Prime to check I still want it. :oops:
Haven't ridden in 2 weeks due to a knee op, missing out on a lot of good shit at the moment but needed to get it done.

Annoyingly I can walk really well, just cant bend my knee past the 11 and 1 o'clock positions, need to get over the big 12 spot to get a pedal revolution in.

Really looking forward to getting back on the bike.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In other news, this still hasn't shipped.
GG contacted me and have informed me of a cosmetic issue with the seat stays, some puckering around the pivot area. They assure me that this won't impact on the performance and I'm not too worried about the cosmetics because you'll never see it.
While I'm happy that they have been transparent regarding the issue, my path to resolution isn't very clear at this point. They don't have a fix for the seat stays at the moment, all the carbon ones have this defect. They are not offering replacements or a discount, so I suppose I'll just have to suck it up?
Not really an issue since I can't ride a bike that is on the other side of the world. FFS, I'm starting to regret this and I don't even have it yet.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
In other news, this still hasn't shipped.
GG contacted me and have informed me of a cosmetic issue with the seat stays, some puckering around the pivot area. They assure me that this won't impact on the performance and I'm not too worried about the cosmetics because you'll never see it.
While I'm happy that they have been transparent regarding the issue, my path to resolution isn't very clear at this point. They don't have a fix for the seat stays at the moment, all the carbon ones have this defect. They are not offering replacements or a discount, so I suppose I'll just have to suck it up?
Not really an issue since I can't ride a bike that is on the other side of the world. FFS, I'm starting to regret this and I don't even have it yet.

Ooft. That doesn't inspire confidence.

Maybe ask them when the warranty replacements are estimated to arrive? 'I will accept these as a temporary measure, but just want to know an estimated E.T.A for when the warranty replacements will become available' - ie: 'Don't expect me to pay for this horseshit.'

Jpez

Down on the left!
GG do seem to have problems with their chainstays and seatstays
I found GG to be good at politician speak. They’d kind of tell you what you wanted to hear but never gave you what you wanted.
I had a few frustrating encounters with them with my 3 years on the bike.
I do hope you find a good resolution

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not encouraging at all. I liked the idea of thermoplastic but the QS and CS side of the business doesn't sound so hot.

I'm beginning to see a Revel or Nicolai in my future instead.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Their customer service is really good, they always answer within 24hrs and it's not some generic automated response they will answer any question and be genuinely helpful if they can. Aside from One-Up I don't think I've ever experienced better CS from a large(ish) bike company/supplier, most fail to get back to you at all or just give you a vague answer which is often just frustrating.
I've read some mixed reviews about the finishing on the bike too which has me worried, but I'll reserve judgement until it arrives.
A mate has just received his Revel Ranger but I haven't been able to catch up with him yet, it's a really nice looking bit of gear though. I would 100% recommend a test ride though having ridden a Rascal and been underwhelmed.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I would 100% recommend a test ride though having ridden a Rascal and been underwhelmed.
Curious about this as I've seen you mention it a couple of times - what didn't you like? On paper the Rascal looks basically perfect.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guerrilla Gravity
Greetings and thank you kindly for your recent purchase! We trust you are getting high-quality miles on it.

We write to share an important notice regarding the intended use of your Fully Revved Trail Pistol seatstays. As a quick and efficient singletrack bike, the Trail Pistol meets and exceeds all industry strength tests, both in the lab and out on the trail.

Based on the conventional bike park trail rating system, the seatstays that came on your bike are approved with “Blue Square” trail riding and features.

While great for their intended use, it has come to our attention that some riders are pushing their Trail Pistols beyond this current intended use. At GG, it is our intention to design and engineer all of our bikes to “punch above their weight” in terms of capability and durability. Therefore, we have recently identified a way to significantly improve the seatstays’ strength. The updated design will elevate the Trail Pistol to Black Diamond rated trail use. We will swap these out for all Fully Revved Trail Pistol owners once they are available at no additional cost.

If you wish to push it hard on Double Black Diamond and Pro-Line trails, GG recommends the Gnarvana or Megatrail configurations.

We will be in contact with additional information soon, and hope to hear about your epic adventures on endless singletrack aboard your Trail Pistol.

With thanks,

The Entire GG Team
If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at bikes@ridegg.com

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I blame this on Kingdom bikes and Transition.
If Kingdom had their Void to market more quickly and if you actually purchase a Spur before I'm too old to ride it none of this would impact on me.
Now I have massive misgivings about this bike and it hasn't even turned up yet

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Guerrilla Gravity
Greetings and thank you kindly for your recent purchase! We trust you are getting high-quality miles on it.

We write to share an important notice regarding the intended use of your Fully Revved Trail Pistol seatstays. As a quick and efficient singletrack bike, the Trail Pistol meets and exceeds all industry strength tests, both in the lab and out on the trail.

Based on the conventional bike park trail rating system, the seatstays that came on your bike are approved with “Blue Square” trail riding and features.

While great for their intended use, it has come to our attention that some riders are pushing their Trail Pistols beyond this current intended use. At GG, it is our intention to design and engineer all of our bikes to “punch above their weight” in terms of capability and durability. Therefore, we have recently identified a way to significantly improve the seatstays’ strength. The updated design will elevate the Trail Pistol to Black Diamond rated trail use. We will swap these out for all Fully Revved Trail Pistol owners once they are available at no additional cost.

If you wish to push it hard on Double Black Diamond and Pro-Line trails, GG recommends the Gnarvana or Megatrail configurations.

We will be in contact with additional information soon, and hope to hear about your epic adventures on endless singletrack aboard your Trail Pistol.

With thanks,

The Entire GG Team
If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at bikes@ridegg.com
Did Leo Kokkonen write that?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The spin continues:

Once our engineers saw use "outside of intended", such as hard bottom-outs on national-level DH race tracks or hard bottom-outs from large fat-to-flat drops, they asked us to proactively reach out, with the following intention:

(a) proactively communicate that the 120mm trail bike will be receiving an iterative update,
(b) that Guerrilla Gravity will give this update (for free) to every Fully Revved Trail Pistol owner,
(c) That the bike, as it sits today, is good to ride as a trail bike.
(d) clarify what trails/features may or may not be recommended.

Essentially, GG does not recommend hard bottom outs at DH race pace or big freeride maneuvers. As the opportunity to update the stay was easy, and as a rider-first company, we believe that those with the first bikes in the field should BENEFIT by getting the revised seatstay.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think this might be a common theme with the geo getting pushed on smaller bikes.
They can handle bigger, faster, better etc, but only under very particular circumstances.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The spin continues:

Once our engineers saw use "outside of intended", such as hard bottom-outs on national-level DH race tracks or hard bottom-outs from large fat-to-flat drops, they asked us to proactively reach out, with the following intention:

(a) proactively communicate that the 120mm trail bike will be receiving an iterative update,
(b) that Guerrilla Gravity will give this update (for free) to every Fully Revved Trail Pistol owner,
(c) That the bike, as it sits today, is good to ride as a trail bike.
(d) clarify what trails/features may or may not be recommended.

Essentially, GG does not recommend hard bottom outs at DH race pace or big freeride maneuvers. As the opportunity to update the stay was easy, and as a rider-first company, we believe that those with the first bikes in the field should BENEFIT by getting the revised seatstay.
So with all the Spin you’re getting are they actually giving you a real ETA for the frame? Can they just send it out with the alloy rear triangle that didn’t seem to have any issues? If that’s an option that’s the way I’d be going.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The frame is collecting frequent flyer miles at the moment, by the time it arrives from it's global odyssey I'll have enough points to fly the broken parts back to GG personally.
It's in Melbourne waiting for a 'clearance event' from DHL whatever that means.

I asked directly if they'd seen any actual failures but they didn't answer, just gave me some bullshit about DH courses. I suppose I'll gladly take the new stays when they arrive but I'm starting to feel like they have rushed production of the new rear end and it's getting tested in the real world by paying customers.
I'm probably just being my pessimistic self but I'm disappointed to have waited so long for it to arrive now to be told it's got issues

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The frame is collecting frequent flyer miles at the moment, by the time it arrives from it's global odyssey I'll have enough points to fly the broken parts back to GG personally.
It's in Melbourne waiting for a 'clearance event' from DHL whatever that means.

I asked directly if they'd seen any actual failures but they didn't answer, just gave me some bullshit about DH courses. I suppose I'll gladly take the new stays when they arrive but I'm starting to feel like they have rushed production of the new rear end and it's getting tested in the real world by paying customers.
I'm probably just being my pessimistic self but I'm disappointed to have waited so long for it to arrive now to be told it's got issues
Feel for you on this. It's frustrating enough trying to close in on the right bike when one can't test / demo. Then have to wait for ages and THEN get worrying signals like this before it even turns up.

Hopefully it's just them covering their obligations and you are happy with the bike when you get it.