Help! Cassette lockring stuck!!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You fucking monster! Go to the naughty corner.

As I thought...you don't have the right tool. Personal perspective, but there is too much chance of your shifter slipping off that under the type of pressure you need to make this work for me to do it, but...life's too short not to go big.

400mm seat post is all the breaker bar you need.

If you don't have a vice (a vice is great) you can wedge the pipe extension that you put on your chain whip handle against something heavy and immovable or even your foot and the floor. Then you need to invert the wheel so that as you pull the lock nut tool towards yourself it forces the chain whip into the floor (probably don't do this on your beautiful polished floor boards). 2 hands on the tool and heave!
the impact gun ends up putting less strain on everything, half of the work is done by percussion so you're barely even holding the chain whip. I've tried this after breaking a chain whip using pipes and breaker bars and munching the cassette. or are you just angry because i'm using automotive tools on a bicycle? (thats probably fair enough)

go on, vice plus breaker bar sounds like it'll do heaps less damage ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
the impact gun ends up putting less strain on everything, half of the work is done by percussion so you're barely even holding the chain whip. I've tried this after breaking a chain whip using pipes and breaker bars and munching the cassette. or are you just angry because i'm using automotive tools on a bicycle? (thats probably fair enough)

go on, vice plus breaker bar sounds like it'll do heaps less damage ;)
View attachment 374724
You may as well get some E tools.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You analogue tool users need to get with the times, E-tools is the way of the future. It's not cheating, I put just as much effort into removing cassettes, I can just remove more of them in a day now.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
I think we need a live stream...the mighty @Plankosaurus smashing cassettes wheels off one after another until he collapses. People can place bets, donate money to his favourite charity, fucktoads better than shaving your head or walking laps of the oval!!!

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
-Buy a vice.
-Forget the chain-whip.
Take a length of old chain, wrap it around one of the larger cogs on the cassette, and clamp the 2 ends of the chain really tight in your new vice.

Now you have 2 hands to really lean on the lockring tool / breaker bar

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
-Buy a vice.
-Forget the chain-whip.
Take a length of old chain, wrap it around one of the larger cogs on the cassette, and clamp the 2 ends of the chain really tight in your new vice.

Now you have 2 hands to really lean on the lockring tool / breaker bar
Actually we've been meaning to buy a vice for a while. I'm sure I can get a Bunnings special that would do the job.