Derby in Tassi

binner

Hath shat hymself
I actually walked into the back room where it looks like it use to be a Chinese restaurant, then I saw all the hoarding shit everywhere. I left after 1 bottled beer cause the taps were dry

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I've been there a couple of times just to see if the rumors were true.
A mate of mine used the toilet when he went in there. The urinal was literally full of piss and smelt like it hadn't been cleaned for years and she had complained that no one had been there all day and the mountain bikers wouldn't support her. You really have to wonder.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
Some of the original locals still go there, sometimes daily. I have had my ”one beer” experience while my cousin hung back near the door ready to leave when the generalised attacks became more focused. It all adds to the Derby experience.

Out of interest I have heard rumours of offers on the Federal of over one-point. Does anyone have any actual knowledge of this, or just urban legend like me?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Wouldn't surprise me if offers have been made. Joint needs a good fix up but has massive potential, with plenty of rooms that could be used for accommodation and that back pool room would be awesome opened up, looking over the river and pump track

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Some of the original locals still go there, sometimes daily. I have had my ”one beer” experience while my cousin hung back near the door ready to leave when the generalised attacks became more focused. It all adds to the Derby experience.

Out of interest I have heard rumours of offers on the Federal of over one-point. Does anyone have any actual knowledge of this, or just urban legend like me?
Yeah, she's had multiple offers over the years, but she always wants and ever increasing ridiculous price for it.
I know one guy that offered her $400K for it before the trails were built, She wanted $800K. The owners of the property next door who are spending big dollars on the new ground up build there now offered her around $800K and of course she wants over a million for it.
She could so easily set herself up for life and just move to another little town a few km away, but I suppose she wouldn't have anything to complain about.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It will in a small town in Tassie when you only have to pay $80k for a house.
$1m is probably 20 years worth of profit from the pub :D
Is there any of them $80k houses left now up the NE ?

My missus brother bought a house that needed a load of work in Lilydale a couple of years back, it was bloody expensive.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
Profit?! That pub would be lucky to turn over 20K a year I reckon.
Word around the camping ground fire pit is that the lines are usually full of stale beer, such is the low amount of turn-over in there. 20K may be the figure for the tax man.

binner

Hath shat hymself
does anyone know what happened to the bloke n his missus that use to open up each morning in their lil coffee trailer at the shuttle carpark. Was hoping to see them this time round but they were gone.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
does anyone know what happened to the bloke n his missus that use to open up each morning in their lil coffee trailer at the shuttle carpark. Was hoping to see them this time round but they were gone.
Weren’t there over summer either. On a previous trip their EFTPOS wasn’t working when I got a coffee off them. The bloke was happy for me to come back to fix it up later. After that I went back every chance I got.

ozzybmx

Vertigo probably got the CEO to make it illegal as it was taking $5 from 2 Doors Down :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

I figured that would be the case. Next question:- who owns the sauna house on the lake?
The same bloke that owns Return to Sender Lodge.

They were still building it, putting wooden cladding on it and my 2 boys and their mate shimmied past a 'no entry' sign, ducked under orange flagging and proceeded to use it as a diving platform, the bloke was fuming :(

I had to apologise for the lil shits.