Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
In my experience even basic 1x drivetrains have been a billion less noisy and unrefined than anything with a front derailleur. I like a quiet bike.

However, as far as 1x goes, I think Sram has pantsed Shimano. GX appears to be basically unkillable, and X01/XX1 stuff is very nice to use - and unlike Shimano requires bugger all attention to remain very nice to use. Fight me.

moorey

call me Mia
In my experience even basic 1x drivetrains have been a billion less noisy and unrefined than anything with a front derailleur. I like a quiet bike.

However, as far as 1x goes, I think Sram has pantsed Shimano. GX appears to be basically unkillable, and X01/XX1 stuff is very nice to use - and unlike Shimano requires bugger all attention to remain very nice to use. Fight me.
Opposite experience. GX 11sp at least seems flimsy and flexy compared to XT11sp (which is cheaper). I do much prefer the XD cassettes. Even the basic GX is light enough, durable, and shifts beautifully.
Lower end eagle seems utter shite. If I did go 12sp...which I’m not planning to, the shimano derailleur seems a ton better option.