Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Get a new front triangle made. Raise the top-tube so there's clearance for the shock (there's what looks like 70mm of seatpost sticking out of the seat tube, and the huge seat tube gusset offsetting the top tube lower in the frame, so there should be plenty of height to work with). Then use a slacker actual seat tube angle, but offset forward to maintain the same effective seat tube angle, to try and regain some rear-wheel clearance at full travel. Finally, get Marino to run the design through the software package Linkage and send you a little animated video to make sure everything's going to clear at full travel.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
any good advice is actually welcomed:
Is that running a 240x76? You could try a metric 250x75 coil with lockout. Offset bushings could give you an extra 4-5mm.

A 180mm Pole, Geomotron or Liteville 601 with a dual crown a la Paul Aston would be my Downduros of choice.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

madstace

Likes Dirt
...downduro?
I'm actually onboard with the convention, should be how we described all bikes that are trying to do 2 things at once. If we use TT/triathlon bikes as a start point, we could have:

Downtrial
Downroad
Downgravel
Downcountry
Downtrail
Downmountain
Downduro
Downcycle (unicycle with suspension)
Downboy.....yeah its got out of hand....

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hide your hammers?
How else do I fix the tyre clearance issue? True story - I was weeding the garden yesterday and found my old Park Tools hammer buried ages ago by my daughter. Its a sign.

Get a new front triangle made....
This sounds like a lot of work!

Is that running a 240x76? You could try a metric 250x75 coil with lockout. Offset bushings could give you an extra 4-5mm.
A 180mm Pole, Geomotron or Liteville 601 with a dual crown a la Paul Aston would be my Downduros of choice.
This sounds expensive!!

I might change it to a Downboy lol

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How else do I fix the tyre clearance issue? True story - I was weeding the garden yesterday and found my old Park Tools hammer buried ages ago by my daughter. Its a sign.

This sounds like a lot of work!

This sounds expensive!!

I might change it to a Downboy lol

The advertising writes itself...

You'll find yourself saying DOWNBOY all the time because this bike will give you a stiffy!

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The advertising writes itself...

You'll find yourself saying DOWNBOY all the time because this bike will give you a stiffy!
hahah lol! So I think the best calls so far are turn it into a mullet and call it "DOWNBOY"...hahaha! I knew i asked in the right place!

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome project. I don’t think it offers enough travel for the f tards that keep dumming down tech on the trails. Can we get another 40mm travel and target that group with this bike ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Awesome project. I don’t think it offers enough travel for the f tards that keep dumming down tech on the trails. Can we get another 40mm travel and target that group with this bike ;)
Bender was a real enduro downboi pioneer.

hahah lol! So I think the best calls so far are turn it into a mullet and call it "DOWNBOY"...hahaha! I knew i asked in the right place!
Will need a stiffy link (patent pending) in there somewhere.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Get a new front triangle made. Raise the top-tube so there's clearance for the shock (there's what looks like 70mm of seatpost sticking out of the seat tube, and the huge seat tube gusset offsetting the top tube lower in the frame, so there should be plenty of height to work with). Then use a slacker actual seat tube angle, but offset forward to maintain the same effective seat tube angle, to try and regain some rear-wheel clearance at full travel. Finally, get Marino to run the design through the software package Linkage and send you a little animated video to make sure everything's going to clear at full travel.
I think this is the go to make it work as intended. Otherwise just apply more hammer, put a 26" wheel on the back for maximum clearance and apply maximum send.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think this is the go to make it work as intended. Otherwise just apply more hammer, put a 26" wheel on the back for maximum clearance and apply maximum send.
I love this idea, but first Im going to try the travel reducer in the shock - info sent to Shockcraft today with the specs, so fingers crossed!

Also, we get a lot of questions about Revel sizing so wrote this up quickly:

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After getting her Rascal stolen, Nik is now the proud owner of an incredible Ranger - silver lining?

moorey

call me Mia
After getting her Rascal stolen, Nik is now the proud owner of an incredible Ranger - silver lining?
My XTR build Rail was just stolen. I’ll give you a call!

(great story Russ)