Little Things You Love

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Serendipitous late night web surfing...

Giro's wholesaler want me to ship back my helmet to them where they'll assess the damage and decide if I qualify for a 40% off crash replacement discount. I have my eye on the new Giro Source in Portaro Grey, size M.

Trouble is, it will cost me at least $20 to send it to them and even then I'm not guaranteed to get my discount.

Anyhoo, I'm feeling quite awake so I decided to have a quick look at FB Marketplace when what should I see? Someone selling a Giro Source in Portaro Grey - SIZE M - ordered online, stuck it on his head and it was too small.

Wow, that's handy... how much do they want? About the same as a new one with a 40% discount...

Where are they based? Fucking Cairns.

Offer made. Fingers crossed :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Trip back from the coast was especially shit today so I went west for some gravel and back roads. Emerged on an old highway section and on the opposite side of the road was 'John's' (might not be John) Fisho. A bloke on his own under an awning sitting next to a van. I pulled over, drove up and dropped the windows. "Are you John?" "Yes mate". Then I drove off. I love being 11 years old.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Wiggle delivery times - ordered Monday morning, delivered today. Cant get stuff from Melbourne that fast....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well how's that for a turn out.

My post from last night in the Little Things I Hate thread.

#2 sons Canyon Spectral headtube, had frame tape partially over it, when I pulled the tape off it popped the paint off, clearly showing a jagged edge crack on the weld.
Warranty form sent off.
Call from Canyon this morning, called them back this afternoon. New 2021 frame is being ordered now in the colour he chose, they expect it to be 2 weeks.
Gave me 2 options to get the bike rebuilt, I picked the self swap over which means I swap the parts over then run a grinder through the frame and send them the picture.

Black/Grey 2021

Last edited:

ozzybmx

I hope this means you'll be posting some interesting profile shots of the tubing for us?

Good and swift outcome for you guys.

I said to my youngest when Trek replaced the older ones frame on warranty, lets hope we never have an issue with your frame as Canyon don't have great warranty reports.

He's well stoked, immediate response, dealt with exactly how we hoped and a new frame 14 months into ownership.

Estimated delivery in 2 weeks.

bobob

Has $20
I said to my youngest when Trek replaced the older ones frame on warranty, lets hope we never have an issue with your frame as Canyon don't have great warranty reports.

He's well stoked, immediate response, dealt with exactly how we hoped and a new frame 14 months into ownership.

Estimated delivery in 2 weeks.

Because you only hear the upset people. When I cracked a 4-year-old carbon Canyon frame on a Saturday, they had an upgraded one in Adelaide by the Friday. I had it ready to ride for Saturday.

ozzybmx

Because you only hear the upset people. When I cracked a 4-year-old carbon Canyon frame on a Saturday, they had an upgraded one in Adelaide by the Friday. I had it ready to ride for Saturday.
They also express posted me a Canyon derailleur hanger that I had the next day, so its 2:0 to Canyon experiences so far.