Little Things You Hate

nathanm

Eats Squid
with witness statements to police supporting your partner, the moto rider is proper fucked.
bummer that he is uninsured. what does her insurer say about the matter?
Yeah were with Shannon's had issue's with one male staff member on their claims line but the other couple we spoke to were good. Police report, witness statement and insurer are all backing her claim and it has been confirmed she is not at fault.
Have a hire car but it's just disappointing to have to get a pretty much as new car repaired and it wont be the same.
First world problems, the kid on the bike is going to be in a world of hurt literally and financial as a result. I do feel for him. Can only just afford the Ducatti but not insurance, it's often unfortunate experience and maturity only come with age.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pets
I still want a main coon though.
Yeah were with Shannon's had issue's with one male staff member on their claims line but the other couple we spoke to were good. Police report, witness statement and insurer are all backing her claim and it has been confirmed she is not at fault.
Have a hire car but it's just disappointing to have to get a pretty much as new car repaired and it wont be the same.
First world problems, the kid on the bike is going to be in a world of literally and financial hurt as a result. I do feel for him. Can only just afford the Ducatti but not insurance.
No win situation for all involved.

Insure your fucking bike though jesus titty fucking H christ what a dumbarse.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Pets
I still want a main coon though.

No win situation for all involved.

Insure your fucking bike though jesus titty fucking H christ what a dumbarse.
My sister in NZ has 2 Maine Coons. There's a creek next to the house and in the middle of the night she says there nothing like walking down the hallway on the wooden floors and stepping on something slimy to realise they've been fishing and dumped a large dead eel on the floor....

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's the issue though, many birds are migratory. Not only is there minimal habitat when they arrive, the exhausted bird is then also at a vastly increased risk of predation from domestic cats that are allowed to roam.
Again that’s the humans fault for destroying habitat, should we ban development as well? What does more damage a 4 kg cat or a 9 tonne escavator? As long as humans can destroy suburban habitat, backed by gov and the community, shaming suburban cat owners is ridiculous double standard.. (not aimed at you personally).

I don't buy that "they lose interest in hunting as they age" line either. They hunt until they're unable to, they just don't bring the prey home. A lot of cats hunt for sport, and even if they don't actually kill when attacking native wildlife, the bacteria they carry will typically kill a native animal if they suffer a scratch or bite. Just because you don't see it on your doorstep, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Instert rant, not aimed at you Beeb -
My neighbours dog was fond of killing/maiming possums regularly. He was also fond laying ribbons of blindness causing turds on the public nature strip and parks (excellent owners). Also sent the neighbours kid to hospital with an infected bite..
Having a dog or cat has an environmental impact and imo pointing the finger at cats while excusing the impact of other pets is just people putting their heads in the sand..

Re hunting, locking a cat up at night takes away their main hunting period and the issues you mention. That is what contributes to the lack of interest.. Agree outdoor free roaming cats will be active hunters until they can’t physically do it anymore..

There's no negatives to the cat to keeping it indoors fulltime anyway.
Would you want to be kept indoors your entire life against your will?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Again that’s the humans fault for destroying habitat, should we ban development as well? What does more damage a 4 kg cat or a 9 tonne escavator? As long as humans can destroy suburban habitat, backed by gov and the community, shaming suburban cat owners is ridiculous double standard.. (not aimed at you personally).

Instert rant, not aimed at you Beeb -
My neighbours dog was fond of killing/maiming possums regularly. He was also fond laying ribbons of blindness causing turds on the public nature strip and parks (excellent owners). Also sent the neighbours kid to hospital with an infected bite..
Having a dog or cat has an environmental impact and imo pointing the finger at cats while excusing the impact of other pets is just people putting their heads in the sand..

Re hunting, locking a cat up at night takes away their main hunting period and the issues you mention. That is what contributes to the lack of interest.. Agree outdoor free roaming cats will be active hunters until they can’t physically do it anymore..

What does more damage, the however many thousand excavators in the country or the millions of cats? My money is on the cats.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Again that’s the humans fault for destroying habitat, should we ban development as well?
Ideally yes, and I'm not a big fan of current human reproduction rates either (just because people want kids, doesn't mean we need so many of them...).

My neighbours dog was fond of killing/maiming possums regularly. He was also fond laying ribbons of blindness causing turds on the public nature strip and parks (excellent owners). Also sent the neighbours kid to hospital with an infected bite.
Like you say, bad owners. The slight distinction I make with dogs vs. cats, is dogs don't generally leave the boundaries of their home property. To my mind, if a wild animal makes itself accessible to being eaten/killed by a dog, it's kind of natural selection, but a cat's speed, agility, climbing ability and stealthiness that enables it to go past the boundaries of its home changes the balance and makes it a predator, whereas dogs (generally speaking) can't climb and are just opportunistic killers if something strays within reach. Probably more of an issue on rural/forested properties, but not really a problem in metro areas.

No, but I also don't walk about killing things for entertainment. There's also been a bunch of studies done that show there's basically no ill effects on a cat's health by being kept indoors. Relatively speaking a house (or even a reasonable apartment) is a huge area for a cat to play in compared to a human. It would be like having a small shopping-centre worth of space to yourself.

Despite my responses, I do understand your feelings. Obviously, mine just differ some. :)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
What's the insert? Was the tyre new when it was installed?
Tannus and no it wasn't. The shop said it went on with a bit of work and has been holding air for a week before I rode it last night.