Little Things You Hate

nathanm

Eats Squid
Never a big fan of motorbike riders but one fuckhead last night decides to overtake the missus, in a 50 zone, whilst she's turning right.
Her HRV'S drivers door, front guard, mirror and front right wheel is proper fucked as is his wrist apparently.
Of course because he's uninsured hes trying to claim she did an illegal U-turn despite every witness giving statements to police to the contrary.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Never a big fan of motorbike riders but one fuckhead last night decides to overtake the missus, in a 50 zone, whilst she's turning right.
Her HRV'S drivers door, front guard, mirror and front right wheel is proper fucked as is his wrist apparently.
Of course because he's uninsured hes trying to claim she did an illegal U-turn despite every witness giving statements to police to the contrary.
with witness statements to police supporting your partner, the moto rider is proper fucked.
bummer that he is uninsured. what does her insurer say about the matter?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Cats aren’t the issue....it’s cat owners.
...and the pollies that fail to legislate that cats must be kept indoors or in an enclosed run, huge fines and enforcement of for owners whose cats are allowed to roam, start eradication programs for feral cats, etc...

(Not directed at you specifically, but) Depending what study you look at, the estimated number of native animals killed by cats in Australia range from the hundreds of millions to several billion. Yes, the majority of that is from "un-owned" (feral) cats, but they came from domestic cats, and domestic cats that roam still also breed with feral cats.

The cat's out of the bag (pun intended), just dump it in the "too-hard basket" I guess...

moorey

call me Mia
...and the pollies that fail to legislate that cats must be kept indoors or in an enclosed run, huge fines and enforcement of for owners whose cats are allowed to roam, start eradication programs for feral cats, etc...

(Not directed at you specifically, but) Depending what study you look at, the estimated number of native animals killed by cats in Australia range from the hundreds of millions to several billion. Yes, the majority of that is from "un-owned" (feral) cats, but they came from domestic cats, and domestic cats that roam still also breed with feral cats.

The cat's out of the bag (pun intended), just dump it in the "too-hard basket" I guess...
Preaching to the choir. Haven’t had a cat for 15 years, and that one we rescued and it lived indoors, when we were townies.
Cats are a huge issue, but as I joked, they aren’t at fault. They’re just being cats (same with foxes, cane toads, feral pigs etc). People are always the problem, and people suck at taking responsibility and fixing things. I’m all for chemical castration or a better ethical solution to fix this. The bigger issue is that everyone is ‘cats are a problem...but not my cat, he’s an angel’.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not just in Cairns.
After much nagging from the kids we got them a rescue kitten. I was pretty hesitant re the enviromental impacts cats have but at the same time I had no interest/energy in training up a puppy..
I was weighting up the pros and cons on a walk one day when i looked at was happening in the street we live (middle ring NE melb burbs). Currently there are 4 development sites for townhouses. They have cleared each site of every single piece of vegetation and escavated deep into site. Probably 4000m2 of established gardens and mature trees that form habitat gone. On top of that the removal of tonnes of microbe rich soil makes each of these sites basically sterile.. This will be replaced with concrete, decks and buildings.. Absolutely fuck all area for any vegetation..
So while i am concerned that my cat will hunt and cause damage it is insignificant compared to what developers are doing in my surrounding enviroment.
If i lived near bushland or an environmentally sensitive area I wouldn’t get a cat. Ours will be locked up every night and have an indoor/outdoor lifestyle.. I know from having a cat growing up, they lose interest in hunting as they age..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Better would be amputating the fuckers' heads.....

There are at least four cats that loiter around my place, don't know if they're strays or irresponsibly owned, but I'm considering taking up archery....
So if i said they same thing about the dogs that shit all over my front yard, that’s cool?
Get the council to trap them mate, then the owners pay for them to be released or they are re-homed..

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If i lived near bushland or an environmentally sensitive area I wouldn’t get a cat.
That's the issue though, many birds are migratory. Not only is there minimal habitat when they arrive, the exhausted bird is then also at a vastly increased risk of predation from domestic cats that are allowed to roam.

I don't buy that "they lose interest in hunting as they age" line either. They hunt until they're unable to, they just don't bring the prey home. A lot of cats hunt for sport, and even if they don't actually kill when attacking native wildlife, the bacteria they carry will typically kill a native animal if they suffer a scratch or bite. Just because you don't see it on your doorstep, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

There's no negatives to the cat to keeping it indoors fulltime anyway.

moorey

call me Mia
So if i said they same thing about the dogs that shit all over my front yard, that’s cool?
Get the council to trap them mate, then the owners pay for them to be released or they are re-homed..
As I said. Human at fault in both. Cats and dogs just catting and dogging.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just choose your cat breed well, ours wants to be indoors almost all the time but has access to a deck & courtyard whenever she’s wants it...she doesn’t leap at all so never wanders:

Did you call it Fluffy ? I used to look after my brother's GF's Persian when they used to go away and it was about 22 years old.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Preaching to the choir. Haven’t had a cat for 15 years, and that one we rescued and it lived indoors, when we were townies.
Cats are a huge issue, but as I joked, they aren’t at fault. They’re just being cats (same with foxes, cane toads, feral pigs etc). People are always the problem, and people suck at taking responsibility and fixing things. I’m all for chemical castration or a better ethical solution to fix this. The bigger issue is that everyone is ‘cats are a problem...but not my cat, he’s an angel’.
But the deadshit owners are just being deadshits. It not their fault