Recent content by wingy

1. W

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

That'll buff right out! Awesome pic....
  2. W

Glad you're happy mate. Run what ya brung.
  3. W

I think you missed the point. Is the Specca 7k better than an Anthem?
  4. W

Glad your wife likes the Specca. I respect your comments on the Epic and didn't mean to sound off the cuff with my response.
  5. W

I should clarify my opinion a bit as it was a slightly flippant reply. You can spend another 5K on the Anthem and lighten it and improve the spec and still have change from the 10K of the Specca. When that happens is the Specca still in front as a World Cup XC bike? Subjective at best. In...
  6. W

...and how much more you have to pay for it. Now that's ridiculous. By the way, not that much better IMHO. Horses for courses mate.
  7. W

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

The battery is about 60mmx 40mm x 40mm. I can measure it when I get home and let you know for sure. I ran it in my jersey pocket as I don't use a bar light. It is definitely too heavy to mount to your helmet in my opinion. The battery has a curved hollow section on one face and the leads are...
  8. W

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

I have just picked up a set of Moon X-power 1500 lights. I have only managed one short ride on Friday night but was very impressed with the amount of light and the even spread of the light. I only use a headlight and the width and throw of the beam was more than enough for me. I'll post some...
  9. W

Only a mother would love it

Really curious to see what the RRP is then. I read the Scotts are dear as poison.
  10. W

Only a mother would love it

I like it as a built bike but the frame only shots are unflattering. I'll be keen to hear how it rides.
  11. W

Cyc'd has them. I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. Too easy.
  12. W

I have a little update on the performance of my Anthem. Over the weekend I did the Merida 24 hour here in Brisbane and the bike was faultless. I suffered a whole lot less than last year when I did the same event on almost the same course on my XTC. The stock running gear didn't miss a beat and...
  13. W

29er Tyre Thread

I have seen the 26 inch versions at my LBS but no 29er yet. I was hanging out for these too. Was it the 29er's that mister MAxxis had MG?
  14. W

I don't personally think it is necessary. I would probably look and see if there is an abundance of grease around the pivots and perhaps clean it back to avoid dirt being trapped rather than not enough grease. Just my thoughts though.
  15. W

carbon xtc 29er specs

Hey man, I'd be happier than most to see them come through. Hip hooray if it is June. In time to train on it for the Epic up here. Where have you seen that shops are getting deliveries in the US? April is still very early for the release of a 2012 bike. They should be called 2011and a half...