Recent content by tubby74

1. T

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Managed to count the enough of the votes before the von trapps escape into switzerland. Bet scomo looks at the result and still thinks i don't accept that.
  2. T

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Took a bit of hunting to find parties on the senate sheet, so large iand folded in half. Suspect the party in the middle will suffer as they were on the fold so didnt show up well whichever side it was flipped up. The very agressive lnp shill didnt want to talk to me after i told him I wasn't...
  3. T

i guess its just my cheerful optimism that lets me down here
  4. T

this plan to let young uns use their super is one of the dumbest hail mary plays yet. you dont make houses more affordable by pumping more money into the bottom end of the market, you trim the tax breaks at the top. and you'd have to repay that money into your super when you sell that house, so...
  5. T

Formula One world championship

le clerc's confidence must be getting low, crashed lauda's ferrari in a historic GP day in monaco. was a brake failure but still to put that bit of history in the wall...
  6. T

Electric Vehicles etc

seems people have been getting calls from tesla saying no deliveries to A/NZ this quarter. no indication if that means just pushed back from June to July or nothing in the whole quarterly build cycle. edit: just got the call from the sales agent. no real details except it wont be this qtr and...
  7. T

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

older kid is in the last day of iso, got it a week after i left ended mine. pretty certain he got it from somewhere else. been a nice slower week not having to go to before school band and classes, after school football, but i do admit i miss having him around the place. so how long before...
  8. T

the invisible MP for my electorate, Fiona Martin, got on the radio yesterday and tried to fend of questions about where she lives, by asking the ethnically asian candidate where were they born, then saying that candidate (sally Sitou) got kicked out of preselection for a state seat last time...
  9. T

I like when the time differnce makes the race so late its reasonable to get up early on Monday to watch it.
  10. T

Little Things You Love

saw ovaltinies in the supermarket, and the tune from so many years ago started in my head. lets see if the kids like them, just sad you cant get space food sticks anymore
  11. T

Local lnp has platestered the suburb with posters. Which is dunny since she doesnt live in the electorate and has been utterly invisible her entire term. But what really pisses me off is she announced the funding for the footie club house upgrade. The money that state vs federal members were...
  12. T

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-27/david-pocock-lodges-complaint-over-advance-australia-corflutes/101016990 how the hell the AEC rules this ok is beyond me. straight up lying about the party the candidate is running for. on the other hand I wouldnt have recognised pocock without his...
  13. T

Annoyed a bad pitstop prevented bottas lapping Hamilton but the scenes innthe alfa garage after, good to see him enjoying his racing. Was an interesting view of alonso's side pods. Must be scary when a large chunk of car goes flying off in traffic at that speed
  14. T

What does your day look like?

Is there a greater modern philospher than dr perry cox?
  15. T

What does your day look like?

Looks like the 4 walls of the bedroom today. Again. Going to suck more without weekend sports to watch but binging scrubs should help.