Recent content by timedward

1. T

Shimano XT M8000 shifter part

Item : Shimano XT M8000 I-Spec II Right Hand Mounting Bracket Location: VIC Price range/Willing to Pay: ? Extra Info: chasing I spec II bracket circled in red. Maybe off an otherwise busted shifter
  2. T

Camp

I'd avoid panniers and go bikepacking bags (done both) + I think the revolt has some proprietary Giant rack mounting system bullshit? Panniers: Pros: Easy/quick to pack, large volume, good for commuting, easy to find waterproof, can carry additional items on top of rack (see first con) Cons...
  3. T

WTB: Scott Twinloc / Rideloc remote

Item: Scott Twinloc / Rideloc Remote Location: VIC - happy to pay post Extra Info: Chasing a three position under bar Scott Twinloc or Rideloc remote. Preferably with the Rockshox cam installed.
  4. T

Little Things You Hate

The ridiculous prices of Shimano hydraulic road shifters. Shimano geoblocking adds insult to injury.
  5. T

Things the MTB industry does wrong

Rear derailleurs that came standard with Shimano dual control levers. As said they worked in the opposite direction.
  6. T

VIC SOLD : Rockshox Judy Gold RL

Steerer is ~ 175mm. I can't reply to your PM for some reason. Feel free to send me another message if you're still interested.
  7. T

Planning and routing - why is so hard?

MapOut is a great iOS app (not available on android as far as I'm aware). Runs off OSM maps that can be downloaded to your iPhone/iPad to work offline. Allows for route creation by just dragging one finger. I've found it pretty useful and you can share the GPX file from the app.
  8. T

Little Things You Hate

Profiteering pricks on numerous FB cycling related marketplace groups. Case in point - said prick bought a bike for $700 today in one group and then proceeded to on sell for $1250 hours later.
  9. T

VIC SOLD : Rockshox Judy Gold RL

Item: Rockshox Judy Gold RL Location: Torquay, VIC Item Condition: Excellent condition Reason for selling: New fork Price and price conditions: $300 + postage Extra Info: 29/27.5+, 120mm travel, boost spacing, 51mm offset Pictures:
  10. T

VIC WTB: Rockshox SID/ Reba Boost

Sorry missed that detail 29er/27.5+
  11. T

VIC WTB: Rockshox SID/ Reba Boost

Item: Rockshox SID / Rockshox Reba Location: VIC Price range/Willing to Pay: Dependent on fork etc. Extra Info: Boost spacing (15 x110), 51mm offset, 100-120mm travel.
  12. T

Gravel Bike Help.

2x9 would be my pick. The 2x9 will have much tighter ratios and slightly larger range by the ratios you have said. You'll appreciate the smaller jumps between gears If you're just riding on gravel roads.
  13. T

Gravel Bike Help.

Have had both 700 x 43 and 650b x 2.0 on the same bike. If you're purely riding on fire-roads and gravel roads I'd stick with 700c (assuming it has clearance > 700 x 40). Otherwise, if you plan to take it on single-track or rougher terrain, a wide 650b tyre is great for comfort and also has the...
  14. T

FOUND WTB - 29" Wheelset

Spot on. Chasing them for a gravel bike.
  15. T

FOUND WTB - 29" Wheelset

Item: 29" Wheelset Location: Melbourne, Victoria Price range/Willing to Pay: Tell me what you've got! Extra Info: Needs to be tubeless compatible, able to accomodate 12X100 F and 12X142 R (Don't mind if you don't have the correct adaptors) Ideally, a 29" wheel laced to Hope Pro 2s would fit the...