Recent content by The Duckmeister

1. The Duckmeister

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Yep, out as of yesterday. Throat is still a bit itchy, but almost back to the normal level of irritation that goes with working in composites. Coughing up a bit of lung goo, but again with the composites thing, it's almost normal. I will confess that in the interest of not going batshit crazy I...
  2. The Duckmeister

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Reckon my old mate Epstein-Barr has decided to stick its boot in, absolutely zonked after work today, and didn't feel anything like that through the past week.
  3. The Duckmeister

What are you listening to NOW?

Pretty much!
  4. The Duckmeister

What does your day look like?

Where is ya?
  5. The Duckmeister

VIC WTB: M980 XTR or M780 XT parts

That'd be tops. M981 low-clamp, 3x is what I need.
  6. The Duckmeister

NSW 11-42 compatible 10 speed rear mech

Zee won't like 42.... It's built on older geometry that officially maxes out at 36T, but can be teased out to fit under 40T. It won't go bigger.
  7. The Duckmeister

VIC WTB: M980 XTR or M780 XT parts

Bumpage! Still seeking M980-series XTR drivetrain & brake stuff. I've found - but not bought - nearly everything I want on e(vil)bay overseas, but would prefer to buy locally if possible.
  8. The Duckmeister

SRAM Code R or RSC ?

Easily... I've found Tektro (including the TRP branch) to be forgettably ordinary....
  9. The Duckmeister

XC Ducky's Modern-Retro Carbolicious (or is it Carboniferous?) Anthem. Now with v2 Project

I want the old one back too, if only for my wheels! Parallel thought with this frame is the ability to hold it as a spare in the event v1 is recovered, as that frame does have some patched crash damage. I do prefer the more contrasty graphics of the 2011 frame, so chucking on some tastefully...
  10. The Duckmeister

XC Ducky's Modern-Retro Carbolicious (or is it Carboniferous?) Anthem. Now with v2 Project

So, as you may have read a few weeks ago, some shithead decided they needed this more than I did and nicked off with it. :mad: A couple of weeks later while digging around the dodgy sites to see if my bike was listed, I found A Frame. Anthem X Advanced SLs are not common at the best of times...
  11. The Duckmeister

SRAM Code R or RSC ?

As for the SRAM options, RSC have a cammed lever/master piston similar to Shimano's ServoWave, while the R is a more basic direct connection. Stock pads don't help, but the R feels like you're braking with wooden blocks. If sticking with the Shimanos & upgrading to metal pads, it's strongly...
  12. The Duckmeister

SRAM Code R or RSC ?

ServoWave is available down to M6100. But you need an allen key for reach adjust (as with the M4100s).
  13. The Duckmeister

No stairs. :(
  14. The Duckmeister

Cabin fever is starting to bite....