Recent content by The Duckmeister

1. The Duckmeister

You laugh you lose

Rego plate spotted while out doing a delivery for work today: "CAR2D2" It was a leckie car.
  2. The Duckmeister

How many bikes is too many ?

I have four, two of which are *ahem* roadies and almost superfluous to needs. Both MTBs are classic Anthems, same series generation, but #1 is carbon frame & top-spec kit, while #2 is the "shit weather bike" with ally frame & lower-spec running gear. The roadies comprise a low-spec commuter and...
  3. The Duckmeister

Niggling 'injury' whinge

It's really not ace when you can feel the bones in your fingers crunching against each other when just doing normal shit. :(
  4. The Duckmeister

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Nah, mine's a Roundie, the proper nose.
  5. The Duckmeister

Anyone want to buy a Proper Mini? Economic pressure dictates that I need to sell my long-term project 1970 "Pseudo S". :( It's not a genuine Cooper S but has been tweaked to mostly replicate one. 1330cc engine with 45mm Weber DCOE twin-throat carb, 12" wheels with big (for a Mini) 8.4" vented...
  6. The Duckmeister

Middle East situation

Different spelling, so unlikely. That article basically shows what horrible people Americans are.
  7. The Duckmeister

NSW zee left hand brake lever

M810 Saint, M785 XT and M675/666 SLX are are all essentially the same lever unit as M640 Zee, just with cosmetically different reservoir caps, so any of those models can sub in, just swap the cap to make it a Zee. ;)
  8. The Duckmeister

9 speed chain-ring and 10 speed...?

10-sp. 32s are ramped for a 24 small ring. It'll work, but may be a little rough on shifting.
  9. The Duckmeister

9 speed chain-ring and 10 speed...?

Chain compatibility will be fine, but what's the other ring you're proposing to pair it with? That will determine how the ramping works.
  10. The Duckmeister

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Also adds further confirmation that the commercial "media" are filthy fucking grubs.
  11. The Duckmeister

Snakes

From a lot of stuff I've read over the years, there hasn't ever been a confirmed death from a red-belly. Relatively low-toxicity venom and generally mild temperament mean that officially they're not considered dangerous to humans, although you can still get pretty crook on the off chance one...
  12. The Duckmeister

Had the "pleasure" of driving the work ute to do a delivery today; Mazda BT50 turbo-diesel. Laggiest barge I have ever met, worse even than my old man's Toyota Hi-Ace van, and that's pretty laggy. And the bloody thing reminded me why I fucking hate auto transmissions.
  13. The Duckmeister

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Unfortunately I don;t think that's the model with automatic doors....