Recent content by stoff

1. stoff

Can America be fixed?

Taxation to fund drug diversion and education, safer drugs, take the cash out of gangland, less policing, etc, etc. But guess who lead, and largely forced, the world down the drug prohibition rabbit hole - America.
  2. stoff

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

They should just paint a mural of her on the wall instead!
  3. stoff

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Prompted by a convenient redundancy I deliberately started my own consultancy business in late 2019 so I could control my workload and have more time at home with my kids during their final years before school (currently have a prep and a 4yo kindergartner). I did not plan to have this much time...
  4. stoff

They've got themselves a bit mixed up. The 4400 is correct. The 2200 is total deaths over six months. Table below is snapshotted out of the actual report.
  5. stoff

But the lack of cover never stops anyone heading to the shops at Smoko, or out the front gate for a dart. I remember a project back 10 or 15 years ago I was on where the then secretary of the CFMEU in Victoria deemed us important enough to visit and declared the stair planks on our access...
  6. stoff

And it's not just the mask thing. I have a mate who would never normally blink at getting a vaccination who has all but been put off by the talk in the smoko shed. Check out the CFMEU Vic-Tas Facebook page - I didnt understand the depth of anti-vaxx lunacy until I decided to have a read of it...
  7. stoff

We are hoping that our six year old doesn't get discharged by her immunologist so if it opens up to the 5-11 group who are being trialled now she is front of the queue. Ideally we would have the 4yo vaxxed too, but at least we know that of we are all vaxxed, we are doing the best we can to...
  8. stoff

I reckon that ship has sailed. We were tracking about the same and now starting trend back towarda 'gold standard'. I can't see anything that is going to slow it down either. It's just about needles in arms now. https://www.covid19data.com.au/compare-outbreaks
  9. stoff

Screw the Mornington Peninsula. We have no cases, no exposure sites and river borders that can be barricaded (albeit a couple of those are on trails in Plenty Gorge). Free Nillumbik!
  10. stoff

6 million doses of AZ sitting in storage for use in this country right now according to the Age last week. It's mismanagement, not supply. Edit: oh yeah, that's what you were saying. Facepalm.
  11. stoff

It's not really a fair comparison. Looking at days since lockdown started, Vic has similar amounts of cases not isolating on a disturbingly similar curve, fewer overall cases and more significantly about a third of the mystery cases. Trajectory is similar to NSW, but slower. Unless something...
  12. stoff

Two under six, and the eldest is most likely immuno compromised. She spent a week on life support in ICU two years ago with severe sepsis, kidney failure, etc as a result of bacterial meningitis - no parent should ever have to see that. She has made as full a recovery as you can from that, but...
  13. stoff

And now Dan's talking up stricter restrictions if we don't get things going the right way.
  14. stoff

Grasping - Council Managed Golf courses

Most council courses in Melbourne are run by private operators with a local club that sits alongside. I am not sure how that relationship works. What I have seen with country courses is that the club runs the course as a committee of management on behalf of council. Sorry I can't be more helpful...
  15. stoff

Negative gearing an investment property?

When we bought our house, it was listed on onthehouse.com.au as undisclosed, then later as a government notified sale. I assume the information is collected when the title is transferred or the stamp duty is paid. The agent doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it.