Recent content by stinkytodamax

1. S

WTB Pike 29 Boost or Similar 140mm-150mm Fork

Hey mate yeah interested. What model, condition are they in? Cheers JP
  2. S

Pike Bushing Damage Help!!!

yes mate it was. They are just trying to remove the high spot if they can. I'm fine by shops being cautious but have felt encouraged by the advice here. Rock Shox creating an unserviceable product is what has bothered me the most.
  3. S

I'm glad everyone is positive of a fix for it. From the 3 shops and suspension guru's all though it was a case of replace. All had seen the photo or handled the lowers. Having an automotive and track racing background I didn't think it was a big problem but all the advice I was receiving from...
  4. S

Talked to the boys at Cyclinic and they said new lowers very polite and professional in their response. I've spoken to and sent the pic to Mountain Bike Suspension who think they can help out. So fingers crossed. Trying to find 2nd hand boost forks is proving a challenge.
  5. S

WTB Pike 29 Boost or Similar 140mm-150mm Fork

Item: WTB 29 Pike or Similar Boost 140-150mm Travel. Also would buy Pike lowers. Location: Canberra Price/Willing to Pay: $200-250 for lowers. Will consider price of forks upper limit $700. Extra Info Need to be Boost
  6. S

Please delete wrong section

Thank you. Please delete.
  7. S

thinking of an x fusion McQueen if I can find a cheap one. Where re would one find a good value mattoc?
  8. S

It looks like a standard press fit which I or my excellent LBS could easy deal with but the problem is no spares exist. If I didnt have carbon hoops with i9 hubs and another boost bike I'd be just buying an old pike and wheel for less than the cost of new lowers.
  9. S

That's pretty much where I'm at. Trying to find someone with a hone that knows what they are doing. I wish forks weren't so god damn geoblocked these days.
  10. S

Yep doing that but having no luck.Cant find a set of forks I can afford i.e. less than $750.
  11. S

So news is that lowers are $600 and a six week wait WTF. If anyone has a set of fork they are looking to offload let me know. I'm going on a family holiday in less than three weeks and would love to take my bike.
  12. S

Please delete wrong section

Item: WTB 29 Pike or Similar Boost 140-150mm Travel. Also would buy Pike lowers. Location: Canberra Item Condition: N/A Reason for WTB: Damaged lowers on Pike. Bushings not replaceable Price and price conditions: $200-250 for lowers. Will consider price of forks upper limit $700.
  13. S

Yeah I've learnt. The bushing is actually pretty soft so I'll have a go at smoothing it out and packing it with judy butter for the short term. I can't believe SRAM don't make the bushings replaceable its a $10 part FFS. Every car I ever worked on had replaceable bushings that were cheap...
  14. S

F'ing C spanner slipped down just as I was levering out the seal.
  15. S

Hi Guys As a Ham fisted ex car mechanic I made a booboo last night when services my Pikes. I have placed what I think is a substantial dent/impact into the lower bushing and wanting to avoid buying a whole new set of lowers was looking for any workable solutions as to how to smooth it out and...