Recent content by spikenet

1. spikenet

Dual Slalom / pumptrack timing system?

I'd be keen to have any info/instructions on home brew system! We are up near Sydney so not that close to you.
  2. spikenet

Dual Slalom / pumptrack timing system?

Hey gang, Doing some research into Dual Slalom / pumptrack timing systems for the club. Does anyone have experience with them, what works etc. Something like what they use at crankworx with dual lane and a time display. Anyone with expertise in raspberry Pi (or other device such as arduino)...
  3. spikenet

Queenstown Vs Maydena for Intermediates

Not when I'm riding.. looks like I'll scrap that idea and wait until Sept/Oct.. tho probably just as likely to be mud and snow :)
  4. spikenet

Queenstown Vs Maydena for Intermediates

What would Maydena be like june/july? btw, that McGazza Fest video clip is awesome!
  5. spikenet

Bicycle tech bar

Fake news, check the sponsors on the website at the bottom of the webpage. http://www.ccmtb.com.au/
  6. spikenet

Riding within a couple of hours of Newcastle?

kincumber and or bouddi, also somersby (thomos loop) etc are easy but great rides. You also have classic rides to clares bridge from mangrove mountain and great north road..
  7. spikenet

replace dt swiss rim

Ah Ha! that explains it! I don't have the freehub on this wheel (its on the bike) and didnt even think of it! noob mistake :) cheers
  8. spikenet

replace dt swiss rim

I dont really understand the specification. This wheel I checked with the dish tool is a bog standard (brought from CRC) dt swiss rear wheel. It is clearly not dished in the centre of the end caps, or my understanding of end caps is just wrong. I ended up sorting out my wheel, I was a bit over...
  9. spikenet

replace dt swiss rim

ok, so turns out I've made a rookie mistake! I dished the wheel so either side of the hub is equal 142x12 hub. Turns out this puts the rim too close to the stays in my frame on the non-drive side. So I just followed the "Musson" book that says to do this. My factory built M1700 wheel also has...
  10. spikenet

replace dt swiss rim

It looked like a spiders web for some time... I persisted.. got it true as I can be bothered with. Will do what you suggest and ride it then re tighten. Keen to see what its like compared to the old m1700 rim Just gotta visit bunnings for some rim tape.. Norton Bear 25mm should do the job.
  11. spikenet

replace dt swiss rim

Got my wheel rebuilt. I opted for new spokes and ex511 rim. Pretty happy with how it went, with the squorx tool it seemed pretty easy! Not sure if I should try to get it tighter, its currently saying 105kgf and feels pretty tight to me compared to my other similar m1700 rear wheel.
  12. spikenet

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I havnt used this particular rack, but the north shore ones when overseas. I think they are way better then the wheel style rack, especially if you drive on rough roads, the wheel style (shingleback etc) the bikes can hit each other and for some bikes (smaller wheels) the wheel hoop can damage...
  13. spikenet

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

that numberplate mount is a great idea for that style of rack.
  14. spikenet

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

Like we dont have some of the best beaches in the world on the coast.. oh and there is this little annoying issue of drought
  15. spikenet

Knee/ Shin guards any for sale or recommendations

these are probably overkill, popular with slopestyle guys: https://www.ridetsg.com/shop/knee-shinguard-temper-A-2-0/7102801-40-030/ otherwise these look comfy and would save your shins!: https://www.ridetsg.com/shop/knee-sleeve-dermis-pro-A/710133-25-030/