Recent content by smitho

1. smitho

Blue Derby, TAS

Cheers, have booked the Orange Gamble (Jetstar) so no telling what will happen with our flights. That said, I'm taking a van with all the bikes over on the boat on Friday day so any flight issues won't affect me riding! I'm flying and someone else taking it back Sunday night. Have booked to do...
  2. smitho

Blue Derby, TAS

Digging this thread up for my needs. Heading to Derby with 7 blokes for a weekend in January. One of us taking a van with bikes over on the boat and rest flying. 5 of the 7 are eBikers who get nauseous at the sight of an unassisted hill and were happy lapping the local at Maydena over and...
  3. smitho

Mystic MTB - Bright

I rode Bright a couple of months ago. Hero was fun and altitude was good but otherwise it is a place sorely in need of a substantial amount of maintenance. I don’t have an issue with it becoming pay to play provided that there’s a consequent substantial improvement in the quality of trails. The...
  4. smitho

The Actofive appreciation thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. smitho

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

That one has been popping on Facebook marketplace for a while - it’s legit and quite a well done paint job. Previous ads had much better photos. I quite like it even if he spelled ‘patina’ wrong. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. smitho

TAS Evil Following V3 XL Frame

Price is pretty solid - if this was a medium or large you’d be causing me a bit of a financial crisis. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. smitho

AM Marketing Hype Box Ticking

And we’re back… New rear triangle has been sitting in a box for weeks and haven’t had the chance to fit it. Took the opportunity to fit some new UberBike smoke braided brake hose and shift cable too - previous ones came straight off my 27.5 Evil and were perilously short. New chainguide...
  8. smitho

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

About 20 years ago was probably the last time they were any good! More cream than cake now. The pro’s stop next door for a homemade sausage roll. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. smitho

Little Things You Love

I used to think my old man was hilarious until I was old enough to watch Monty Python myself and discovered he was just a plagiarist… Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. smitho

I don't doubt it's tough and they definitely still know their stuff there, but they're not a particularly friendly store - always happy to steadfastly ignore you when you walk through the door. Given the chunk of money I donated in exchange for the frame and all the associated paraphernalia...
  11. smitho

Yep from the importer DanJas at least. Summit didn’t bother to update me or respond, but spoke with importer directly and sounds like he went in to bat for me with Forbidden. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. smitho

beautiful bikes - post them here

Speaking of Santa Cruzs
  13. smitho

Good news today! Forbidden have agreed to cover a new rear triangle. Only had moss green in stock, but DanJas have arranged to have it colour matched and repainted locally by a well reputed bike painter, also covered by Forbidden. Will also supply a race guide at cost price.
  14. smitho

Little Things You Hate

Seems old mate got a bit butthurt for being called out on it… Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. smitho

Three weeks in, finally got a response. Haven't said whether they'll warranty it, but bigger issue is that they don't have any rear triangles in the cosmic eggplant colour in stock. Forbidden apparently working on it - whatever that means?