Recent content by slimjim1

1. S

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

I personally wouldn't put much weight on what Pinkmoped say at all IMO.
  2. S

Convict 100

Thread dig. This event intrigues me. Anyone done the 100km in recent years and can comment on the ideal type of bike to take? If you could choose between a 120r/140f dually or a steel hardtail which would you pick? Leaning towards hardtail myself purely for the fireroad sections and double...
  3. S

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Same here, not had it. Minimal contact with people and still masking. People who have had it 5 times (and I'm convinced have mild brain damage) think you're insane for wearing a mask, but happy to live with that.
  4. S

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Seems to be absolutely rampant the last 2 months. Heaps of people I know have had including a couple of people who have managed to dodge it to date. Plus others who claimed to have had “summer flu”. Lol ok I don’t remember summer flu pre 2020 but keep sticking your head in the sand.
  5. S

Little Things You Hate

Interview on ABC Canberra with police this morning confirmed excessive speed a factor and cyclist not at fault. 18 year old NSW p-plater driver.
  6. S

ACT SOLD Manitou R7 Pro 27.5 (Brand New)

Price drop $450, possibly cheaper for anyone who wants to collect it off me in ACT.
  7. S

ACT SOLD Manitou R7 Pro 27.5 (Brand New)

Item: Manitou R7 Pro, 27.5, 120mm travel, 44mm offset Location: Woden, ACT. Item Condition: Brand new in box, uncut steerer. Reason for selling: Don't own a 27.5 bike. Price and price conditions: $500 Extra Info: Comes new in box with fender, volume spacers and spare decals. Full specs in...
  8. S

Bargain buys thread

Dirtworks are running a BOGO on Manitou R7 forks. The freebies are limited to 27.5 however, even if you buy a 29. So in a few days I will have a brand new 27.5 Manitou R7 Pro fork for sale if anyone interested (will do a proper for sale post when arrives). Will be priced sharp.
  9. S

Fork Oil questions and queries.

It’s disappointing isn’t it. The grip 2 factory especially seem to be very inconsistent. I think I’ve had more luck with the lower end grip fox stuff. You really do have to take the “professional” reviews with a big, big grain of salt
  10. S

Fork Oil questions and queries.

Seems like a lot of stuffing around to get a top of the line fork performing well. With my 34 Factory Grip2 with the same issues I simply removed from bike, put in trash and installed manitou mattoc.
  11. S

Newly Released Bikes General

Having previously owned one pivot I do believe their QC would be a cut above the rest...but flow-moped absolutely take the piss these days.
  12. S

Contemporary trail building rant

Love how all these trails also seem to need maintenance every month.
  13. S

Electric Vehicles etc

I’m more surprised you were able to find a charger there , wonder whose using it the other 11 months of the year outside the holiday period.
  14. S

Tasmania to Subsidise E-Bike Purchases

In the minority I'd say. I know more of them who drive short distances to trail heads than the other way around. Would probably make sense to extend it to all bikes if we are going down this path.
  15. S

Tasmania to Subsidise E-Bike Purchases

Hopefully yes, it's a good policy if it's getting people out of cars but shouldn't really be subsidising e-mtbs which are 99% of the time used for recreational purposes.