Recent content by SF Trailboy

1. S

Bargain buys thread

@pink poodle the ibis run outs are just the ones on the ibis site I take it? Been lusting a Ripley af - almost bought and shipped one from UK (Merlin) using a freight forwarder. long time not posting (some of that not riding too) did a little lurking but good to see there is still somewhat...
  2. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Kids and Mtb time is awesome... Even when they start beating you...
  3. S

mid travel 29er suggestions

Hugene? This new design by propain looks worthy
  4. S

Which bike should I buy?

I have a ritchey 29 that I don’t think I want to sell but I’m not riding it and after listening to the Hamish and Andy podcast maybe I can rent it to you Steel is awesome the right steel frame will feel lighter to ride than what the scales say...
  5. S

Which bike should I buy?

This much is no doubt true, but the tallboy seemed to fit Johnny’s bill....
  6. S

Bargain buys thread

It’s the cookies I tells ya.... the bloody things are like elephants.
  7. S

Which bike should I buy?

Congrats... Old mate the bike broker Australia on bookface had a big Tallboy xl/l well within you budget... It’s pretty old school from memory...
  8. S

Chuck in the Nukeproof reactor.... https://nukeproof.com/collections/trail/products/2021-reactor-290-alloy frame only available too
  9. S

Australia Day, is January 26th the right day?

Ok - 2nd Friday in February then.... And agree no bogan will lose a day... Call it Australian Nations day instead then it includes 1st nations and all the other nations that came after...
  10. S

Australia Day, is January 26th the right day?

Change the date but make it a floating day like first Monday in March. Then we can celebrate for a weekend guaranteed. I’m not sure how people don’t get it’s not the right date, it might not change the past but it at least changes the future.
  11. S

Ooooh My Orbea Occam

So after a long lay off which included a stint in Hospital with burst appendix, a lapse in with the black dog and general life busy shit with work and kids. I have been back on the bike for about 3 weeks and it’s really the first time I’ve ridden this gem. I know everyone loves their bike to a...
  12. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

After a long lay off managed the lower TVT with the young bloke.... He kindly waited...
  13. S

Site access issues recently

I vote it’s moved to the proboards platform...
  14. S

First trail wheelset advice

Hunts won’t be a quick trip back to a local guy to service/tweak if required. I’d say go the local XLR8 keep a job in Australia support the economy and get the benefit of local support. It really is a small price to pay for a very similar spec’d wheels..
  15. S

I have an Orbea Occam. It does everything you describe and I love it.... In the end I was choosing between the Occam and the Revel Rascal, unfortunately the value of the Occam won out. I was fortunate enough for a great test ride on my local trails which sealed it...