Recent content by RichJS

1. R

STOLEN ACT - Giant Anthem and helmet stolen from Civic

2018 Giant Anthem 29er 1 and a 661 Crest helmet in orange/burgundy were stolen from outside a building on Moore st in Canberra Civic today. Bike still factory spec, though a few scratches and the orange decals/paint have faded in the sun from 3 years of regular use. It was frequently used for...
  2. R

ACT FOUND: ZTTO dropper lever

Thanks muchly to Litenbror for helping us out!
  3. R

ACT FOUND: ZTTO dropper lever

Item: ZTTO dropper lever - the one that's a copy of the Wolftooth Light Action lever. Location: Canberra Price range/Willing to Pay: $40 .. or could order you a brand new one and a beer. Extra Info: Was posting on the off chance that someone in Canberra has one they'd part with this week...
  4. R

VIC Found Hope Rockshox torque caps for Boost

I am fairly sure that the SRAM PG1130 / PG1170 11-36 casette is for shimano road 11-sp hub - meaning it's 1.85mm wider than MTB / up-to-10s road hub. Assuming you have MTB wheels / no shimano 11sp road freehub. I think the only half-decent 11-36 for 10s/MTB hub is going to be Sunrace CSMS8...
  5. R

220mm IS Rotor Mount

+40mm adapters are fairly easy to find, no? I just pulled one off my fork a few days back when I went from a 200mm to 203mm rotor. So to recap, all Bashee brake mounts are IS @ 140 (except the Legend IS @ 160) says https://www.bansheebikes.com/faq - 80IS adapters don't appear to exist...
  6. R

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Hmm, USD156 shipping is a fair whack, but 35% off is also pretty good. I got some Recon Silver RL 140mm that I'd like to upgrade. Do I go the lighter Pike Ultimate 150mm @ $1060 (seems like 20mm longer a2c for 10mm more travel) ... or the heavier (but still way ligher than Recons) Mezzer...
  7. R

Sold TUNE Carbon Bars + Reverse Components 60mm Stem

Bargain. I just spent $10 less for new Koryak bars and 60mm stem, weighing almost double.
  8. R

Single Speed Conversion Kit

I bought one of those kits, the cog is pretty thin (same or thinner than Shimano DX) but also didn't fit easily on the (Mavic?) freehub that had a couple of burrs from a previous pinned cassette, even after I gave them a litte filing. All my other SS cogs slid on OK. Used just the spacers...
  9. R

Newly Released Bikes General

I particularly like that the chain appears to be just resting on the chainstay even in the biggest cog.
  10. R

Single Speed Conversion Kit

Thin cogs could be OK if you have a steel (or maybe Ti) freehub. One less ghetto, but potentially cheap source of spacers + lockring is old cassettes. Better to have unramped cogs (and chainrings) for SS. Considered ZTTO or similar new from Alibaba / Aliexpress / etc...
  11. R

ACT 2x dropper lever

Cheers. It's for a OneUp dropper (v2 .. or maybe a Transfer SL if I can find one at non-scalping prices) - so nubbin at post / screw clamp the cable at lever. Like the majority of posts, perhaps? What can I say? On my hardtail with a fork that works well, I much prefer climbing with a lockout.
  12. R

ACT 2x dropper lever

Item: Lever for dropper post, to mount alongside fork lockout: 2x / vertical style. Location: ACT or post Item Condition: From Good working to as-new. Price and price conditions: A bit less than new .. Extra Info: Obviously there's a few of these across the usual stores, sometimes for...
  13. R

ACT SRAM 3x9 shifters

Thanks for the offer. Still haven't found the cheaper ones I have hidden in some box here. So I have got some late-model X0 shifters with the carbon plates in great condition, and I'm trying not to put them on a kid's bike .. but probably should finish the build soon!
  14. R

OneUp Dropper Post

Anyone putting the new 240mm on their dirt jumper? :p The owner of this knows where it's at:
  15. R

First Waltly frame

Did I see someone from one of these threads riding their Sliding dropout waltly down the Flow trail at Thredbo today? I only got a quick glance from chairlift, but fairly sure it was a Ti frame. Dropouts looked same as mine..