Recent content by redbruce

1. redbruce

VIC Lysterfield Park

There was a well promoted and accessible public consultation process. Feedback was clear for, and about the benefits of a one way trail system. LDTR website is also clear about the reasons for that, which includes amongst others the opportunity to further develop the technical aspect of said...
  2. redbruce

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I guess its all about context. Refueling my vehicle on holiday, probably happy to take a coffee break (but then conditional on good coffee). Work vehicle (ag research all over Victoria) I just wanna get there. If you remove choice, it will be a problem.
  3. redbruce

Works in Formula E. Some differences admittedly but plug 'n' play none the less. Fast charge is slower than fossil fuel refill and likely to remain so.
  4. redbruce

VIC Yarra Trails - Candlebark Park (Hans)

We have approval to realign the open section under power lines heading to lower switchbacks and the dam run from top switchbacks to leaky dam. Both could include some small rollers/doubles, both need focus on flow. There is also in-principle support for a longer flow trail using full area under...
  5. redbruce

VIC Lysterfield Park

From latest LDTR newsemail: "One Way Trails – Survey Results A few months ago we asked our database to complete a survey on changing our trail network to a one-way trail system (for blue and above trails, green to stay two way). Over 80% of you agreed this change would make the network safer...
  6. redbruce

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

They are well short of 800Ln, get by as starter for mtb but good commuting light.
  7. redbruce

WTB: SRAM XD driver for AC Wide Lightning

Item: Sram XD driver for American Classic Wide Lighning Location: Melbourne but happy to pay postage Item Condition: Good Reason for buying: Want to be able to swap wheels between bikes Price and price conditions: Depends on condition Extra Info: Disk 225 rear hub
  8. redbruce

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

1. Diesels cant meet new Euro emissions targets. 2. A good question. I've seen publications that support both sides of argument. Whole of lifecycle analysis is difficult. 3. The elephant in the room for sure.
  9. redbruce

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Even further of topic but, I was also on emergency response at the time. The Vic Govt bought quite a few Patrol trayback utes in the late 2000's for firefighting though. It was after Nissan went to the "lightweight" chassis and all in fire service ended up with cracked chassis. Was around 130 of...
  10. redbruce

Our rotten healthcare system.

Just take out hospital, extras cover is a rip off. As for public versus private, I've been with the later for my 40+ years working life. It has served me ok overall as the ops I've had weren't considered urgent for public system but impacted my ability to work and play. eg. Injured my knee...
  11. redbruce

Have discussed this with the EPA senior noise engineer at work. He put me onto these references: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/289502743_Testing_the_accuracy_of_smartphones_and_sound_level_meter_applications_for_measuring_environmental_noise...
  12. redbruce

Was used in BA falcons from memory. Maxx Performance in Dandenong have a lot of experience with ZF autos (in Ford performance application), so worth chasing about suitable alternative fluids. https://www.maxxperformance.com.au/performance/ Valvoline MaxLife multivehicle ATF is popular on...
  13. redbruce

Tubeless - puncture not sealing

There, fixed it for you.
  14. redbruce

Snakes

Climate change;)