Recent content by RealizE

1. R

Bargain buys thread

I went searching for said dropper sales, but Google ended up directing me to 210mm E13 posts from Pushys @ $144. I've not had much luck with E13 stuff in the past, but for that price I will see how long it lasts.
  2. R

New geometry and consequences for bike fit

I have the exact same experience. I ride a few Ks of flat bike path to reach the trails and the bike path is where I have sore wrists. I've narrowed that down to seat angle and resting on the brakes like a cabbie. When I set my bars etc, I do it in attack position pulling on the brakes, but...
  3. R

WTB: 28h hubs - 15x110 front &/or 12x142 rear

If you like purple, blue or gold and not necessarily matching, CRC still have Hope hubs on mega sale.
  4. R

Best Value 11 Speed XD Cassette?

Another ZTTO fan with few thou on the cassette. A little wear on the big dog but the other gears are still mint and shifting perfectly. This is the 9-50 "Ult" version; there used to a cheaper/shittier version that was about half the price and not as good.
  5. R

Bargain buys thread

Thanks for giving me FOMO and making me waste more money. Only 2 sets left now...
  6. R

Bargain buys thread

That Ebay discount certainly makes things appealing! I've now got this stupid impulse buy Knolly frame sitting here and the lines on my old Hope brakes are too short. MT7 Pro front+rear for $343 delivered seems like a better buy than new brake lines.
  7. R

Rear hubs that have spacers 142 to 148 ie boost.

Hope do their own conversion kit which doesn't require a re-dish. It uses two end caps and 3mm rotor spacers.
  8. R

Bargain buys thread

So far so good. Purchased from the website on Wednesday, dispatched Friday and should arrive on Monday. Old mate responded to my emails promptly, so as long as I am not receiving an empty box, it has been smooth so far.
  9. R

Selling property without using an agent

I bought my house off Facebook 10yrs ago. Met the seller, agreed on the price, got a contract then conveyancer did the rest. Super easy and very nice not having to deal with a million people at an open house, or small talking with agents etc.
  10. R

Super Stuck Air Can

Vice, a piece of tube around the can, then a strip of ice-cream tub over that, then massive pipe wrench. You can go without the ice cream tub, but the pipe wrench teeth bite through the tube and leave a few little marks in the can. If it's really pissing you off, go in raw with the pipe wrench...
  11. R

VIC FOUND SOLD Hope pawls

It's good to see I'm not the only one who keeps destroying these! When I got my last set a few months ago, the cheapest I found online (and in stock) was tartybikes.co.uk. Shipping was cheap and took just over a week. It pays to have a spare set in the shed!
  12. R

VIC Wheely mediocre garage sale (SOLD)

If the shock is still available, I will take it. Sent you a PM
  13. R

Newly Released Bikes General

Looks like a pair of car horns
  14. R

Balance Bikes...

My first son (now 8) started on the Cruzee at around 14 months. I say started, because I was still helping him balance it because he was so small. I chopped arches into the nose and rear of the saddle so I could slam it down another inch or so. At the time, every bike dad insisted on buying...
  15. R

My wax based lube recipe

I can't recall if I already posted in this thread, so apologies if this is deja-vu... I keep an old frying pan full of wax. I open the shed, bung the pan on the bbq burner and then go remove the chain from the bike. By the time I come back, the wax is mostly melted and ready to go. When I first...