Recent content by poita

1. P

Zerode Katipo SLS.

thanks for the offer, has a trials comp on. I’m 183 so it sounds like 475 is the go.
  2. P

Zerode Katipo SLS.

How tall are you to run the 505? I’m looking and right between the 475 and 505
  3. P

Are more speeds better?

I barely use all the gears in a 9 speed cassette, but the range is definitely required. I’m a recent convert to the Microshift, Sunrace and box wide range cassettes in 9/10/11 speed. That’s only because I bought one of those Archer components shifters though. I tried mixing in a wide range...
  4. P

Magura brake rotor pulsing

I am almost certain the arms of the rotor have nothing to do with it. I run MT6 with the same rotor you've got on the front and have the exact same experience. I don't actually feel a pulsing at the lever though. I never have the issue on the rear that runs the SL rotor, and I never had it on...
  5. P

Magura brake rotor pulsing

I run MT6s on one bike. I have run SRAM, Shimano and Magura of various kinds. I run mostly SLX on other bikes for simplicity and cheeeepness. The feel, power and modulation of Shimano isn't even in the same galaxy as Magura. SRAM modulation is slightly better depending on the day. The huge...
  6. P

Some useful 3D printed parts, tools and accessories

Wicked idea for a thread. Only one I've remembered to use so far was a DT Swiss 340 bearing press when rebuilding a hub. Gonna go and print a few of the ayup mounts now!
  7. P

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

I feel like the elephant in the room here is the fact that someone, somewhere was going to fuck up and people would die? Like, despite all the best public health input shit tonnes of people die from booze and durries. Why is another health "thing"(that happens to be a global pandemic) any...
  8. P

I wish they switched it up a bit. Would be much happier news if it read, "Large group of community minded citizens gather to donate $1652 each to the state in light of current economic pressures"
  9. P

Best alternative to Strava

The Strava app is bullshit, especially after they removed HR monitoring. But it’s gps tracking is piss poor anyway. Ridewithgps is a great app on both iPhone and Android. Found the Wahoo app patchy to start up, randomly just won’t start tracking. my ELEMNT bolt is 4000 times better than any...
  10. P

Question for the OG’s

Original Gangster. "Is there just one intended meaning and most are getting it wrong" correct. misappropriation at its finest.
  11. P

Chunt of the year.

Couldn't have scripted it better TBH. Can't think of a more despised stereotype. Thankfully that demographic just got another layer of shistain to add to their stereotype.
  12. P

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Which fork have you swapped to? New Formula? Keen to hear how it goes
  13. P

I have no confidence they will get past the water step. Turning on the oven you haven't used in years is challenging.....
  14. P

Evidence confirming my earlier sentiment. "Duhhh what do you do with flour? I'm hungry....."