Recent content by pixelpuppet

1. pixelpuppet

Sold RF Turbine cranks SOLD

@Jpez PM sent on these =)
  2. pixelpuppet

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I lost the pinch bolt on my Fox 38's a few days ago so instead of paying the $40 for a Fox one I bodged a brake bolt into one of those little threaded valve retainer things, added a few washers and voila we're back up and running. My bike and I are very happy now that we can ride together again...
  3. pixelpuppet

Sold SOLD Deity Cavity Stem 35mm length 31.8mm bars Black

Hey ktmsteve, is the stem still available? I'm keen.
  4. pixelpuppet

Derby in Tassi

Your legend preceded you! I met him almost immediately when I moved here last year, the bearded one was just sitting at the bar and I decided his name was Vincent, it is clearly not, but it still is. He's definitely furniture around here, but good furniture y'know, none of that fantastic...
  5. pixelpuppet

Derby in Tassi

Yo! Yeah Jez is still here but he's left Vertigo and is currently manning the guns for Bark Off Biking (near the pub... coincidence, I think not) and also driving the buggies for Premium. He is still a legend, it's been confirmed.
  6. pixelpuppet

Derby in Tassi

I'm one of the shuttle drivers for UDA here in Derby (side hustle haha), and it's absolutely no problem if you'd like to self shuttle. It's "advised" you have a radio, but it's not the law as it's just a stretch of public road. If you do have a radio, jump on channel 38 and just call the markers...
  7. pixelpuppet

The stupid questions thread.

Just give him a paint code for a nice Yeti blue.
  8. pixelpuppet

As an afterthought also, I for one am somewhat obsessed with points of engagement in rear hubs... given the chainring and crank on an eeeb can rotate independently of each other, do we ever hear about points of engagement for eeeb motors? Is this a thing?
  9. pixelpuppet

So here's an eeeby question, if eeebs have the chainring mounted to the motor and not the crank then could they run a fixed rear hub? Seems the motor clearly has something of a freewheel in it already. If they had a fixed rear they'd save a bit of weight and also be able to change gear whenever...
  10. pixelpuppet

Derby in Tassi

While that area isn't as clear in person as it is in those mapping images you can still get up there pretty easily... but it's probably a 30 degree gradient in places so would need some serious switchbacks to make it workable... let me know when you're keen for a working bee hahaha
  11. pixelpuppet

Derby in Tassi

Hahaha, I may or may not live right near that old forestry road off of Mutual Road... which puts you onto Krushkas, but it's not a rideable trail. Yet.
  12. pixelpuppet

WTB - 24 LeToy 4 frame

Yep yep yep, all over it mate, but thanks very much for the info!
  13. pixelpuppet

WTB - 24 LeToy 4 frame

So the bike has been on the wall for a while, but the build has finally commenced...
  14. pixelpuppet

WTB - 24 LeToy 4 frame

Hey mate, yeah I was on him like a bandaid... we've been chatting back and forth about the frame and few other bits. Thanks so much for the heads up mate! But in other news I have laid my grubby little digits on the pink LeToy 4 frame formerly owned by Pink Poodle, picked it up on my way...
  15. pixelpuppet

WTB - 24 LeToy 4 frame

Ooooh damn.... thanks mate, that's a sweet looking one! I'll shoot the guy a message... it's in Bellingham USA, home of Transition Bikes too, my other bike fetish brand =)