Recent content by pink poodle

1. pink poodle

What does your day look like?

It sure will! I should have put some schwalbe on... One thing I have noticed about the assgais is they get a lot of little stones, sticks, seed pods jammed on the knobs! You sound distugstipated... Today is the harvest day, sausages be ware!
  2. pink poodle

What does your day look like?

Taking the new bike for a trail test adventure. There's going to be a bit more climbing than I like and nowhere near enough jumps. And yes, I am acutely aware of the bike being in the reserved seating area. If demand arises I will be yielding it up.
  3. pink poodle

You know you're getting old when ...

1) when your friends all want to eat dinner around 630 so they have time to digest their food before bed time. 2) apparently there's a thing called reflux. 3) everyone is ready to go home at the time you suggested getting dinner. 4) when you hear the school kids saying "that old guy...
  4. pink poodle

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Fuck...read all of that trying to find details of your kiwi BBQ.
  5. pink poodle

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

You don't look at the mantle while you're stoking the fire @Dozer !
  6. pink poodle

I have this, but with the no longer available sram build kit (most of which will soon be stripped and sold), and it's great bang for the buck. I haven't given it full send yet (fucking rain and work), but I'll not need more travel than it offers until I am riding a full blown dh trail...
  7. pink poodle

"The balmain of newcastle" if you're a real estate agent... I all seriousness get the eeeb or at 6.2 feet and bang on your budget chase this up: https://www.summitcycles.bike/product/ibis-cycles-ripmo-af-ngx-or-deore-dvo/
  8. pink poodle

Just had a youth ride past me on the mean streets of carrington utilising one of these (the importer seeks to be around here somewhere). If I felt inclined to get into dirt bike riding the silent nature of an electric motor would be mighty interesting to me. The noise of motorcycles has always...
  9. pink poodle

Just get an eeeeeb @freakinand save yourself the trouble of getting converted soon after buying an acoustic bike.
  10. pink poodle

The cooking thread

I haven't armed myself with one in a knife fight yet, but I'll keep this in mind. I have one of these for honing the edge on my knives. It works really well on the kiwi. https://www.nisbets.com.au/victorinox-diamond-steel-254mm/gd047
  11. pink poodle

The cooking thread

That sauce sounds pretty good @zac ! For the knife skills, the best way to learn is to practise. Having a good sharp knife of reasonable size is also handy. A dull knife is slow and dangerous. My favourite knives to use are both cleavers with a santoku influence. The one I use the most was...
  12. pink poodle

This is a good time to buy a Kona @Lazmo
  13. pink poodle

Is that per item or per event? Theft sucks. Insurance can be a minefield in a maze. Good luck weaving through it
  14. pink poodle

uploading photos

I have issues above 2mbb
  15. pink poodle

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/news/2024/04/20/man-on-fire-trump-trial?ahe=8876f9073bc414f476ce4e7e5f8c20f95b5a1167bcd8ba7992c1e65c0414d67a&acid=4160719&utm_campaign=Saturday%20News%20-%2020240420&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Adestra&lr_hash= I am not sure if this is related to Trump or his...