Recent content by Ozchuck

1. O

The Fixie Thread

I'm more than a little upset I missed the bike pentathlon. :(
  2. O

Tightarse performance upgrades <$100

Remember to buy a lightweight bell if you wanna be able to ride on the road legally!
  3. O

Shooters in our national parks.

Managing takes is pretty simple, particularly on a pay-for-tag system, the exact system which generates a LOT of money for the American conservationists... In Iowa, if you're not local, you're paying $540US for a whitetail deer tag. Locals are like $400 or summat. When you harvest your...
  4. O

Anti-Piracy Boss Confiscates Confiscated Hacker Laptop

things can only be on one forum at a time. If you make copies of it, its piracy, and some dutch man will swipe your computer, apparently.
  5. O

Who Causes Cyclists' Deaths?

The only reason you have the spare time to complain about cars is because cars and other combustion engines are doing all the work for you. Otherwise you'd still be out in the fields, plowing with your horse.
  6. O

Did she recognise her fault and pay for your replacement bike? or was she one of those "no, I'm not paying for that, thats a ridiculously expensive luxury, for just a bike, bikes are $200 new" people? You'd be suprised how often that actually comes up, people in $60,000 cars, deciding they...
  7. O

They have a system in england where bicycle parts (approved, obviously no DH parts are valid commuter machines) can get you significant tax time bonuses, providing your employer joins the scheme and keeps track of the cycling and whatnot.
  8. O

Just to clear the "CYCLISTS SHUD PAY REGO'Z N SHIT" argument: The roads are constructed through income taxes. Because anyone can use them, and anyone earning an income requires roads to ship their product or import their food, or sell food to car drivers, this is a fair system. Rego is a...
  9. O

Post your commuter!

Standard SE Lager. I figured I'd change a bunch of stuff, but all I really did was throw some knoggs on it and ride the pants off it.
  10. O

The Fixie Thread

From rumour, they use a non-standard thread. If this is not the case, I will just buy a standard one.
  11. O

The Fixie Thread

Anyone got any good ideas on how to up the gear inches on my SE Lager? Interweb research suggests the rear cog might be hard to replace... What about the front one? I've done about 400k's on this bike, would I need to replace the chain at the same time, or should it be ok?
  12. O

Electronic Dura-Ace

Is anyone sporting it in the tour thsi time around?
  13. O

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

bah-hahahaha... that video is gold.
  14. O

The Fixie Thread

OK good, becuase I was worried that I was retarded for not having much ability with it.
  15. O

The Fixie Thread

Can I just ask how long it takes most of you guys to come to a stop at around 30KM/h? it seems to take me forever, nowhere near as good as even 1 back brake.