Recent content by ovadahill

1. ovadahill

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Look up Uberbike to find out
  2. ovadahill

Quiet, no squeal as soon as they bed in. Absolutely amazing modulation. Despite running Schwalbe Racing Ralph's with the harder Pacestar compound on the rear there was only very rare lockout or skidding as the modulation/control was excellent. I don't know about durability - they are a race...
  3. ovadahill

AM Alone with SantaCruz 5010

Mud christened on Christmas Day.
  4. ovadahill

the Smithfield trails in rain
  5. ovadahill

Put Uberbike Kevlar brake pads in last night and hit the Smithfield trails at 6am in pouring rain - my teeth are muddy from grinning.
  6. ovadahill

I think I'll try the 65mm stem to see if sharpens the steering without sacrificing climbing geometry.
  7. ovadahill

The difference between the rolling diameter of my 26" Continental Rubber Queens 2.35 and current 650b HansDampf 2.25 is only about 20mm
  8. ovadahill

On my Blur LT for most of this year I ran Lyric DualAir 130 - 160mm forks. It also has Bergtec offset bushings in the shock mounts to slacken the head angle -- the SOLO still provides a great sense of descending confidence.
  9. ovadahill

Davies creek
  10. ovadahill

Comparing the SOLO to the Blur LT is chalk and cheese. Despite the reduced travel (130mm vs 140mm) the SOLO descends better down rocky terrain and feels much more stable. Descend mode on the CTD suspension loosens it up enough to feel confident in the rough. It likes a more aggressive riding...
  11. ovadahill

7am Smithfield.
  12. ovadahill

Sick-Fiddy-Bee wheelset

Email light bicycle for information regarding their wider rims
  13. ovadahill

Had a great ride yesterday at Davies creek. Very stiff through the chassis and wheels. Feels 20% better than my BlurLT overall. 30% improvement in rolling and suspension through fast choppy singletrack. I haven't switched out of Trail mode on the CTD suspension until the stiction is broken in...
  14. ovadahill

Red Peak, Caravonica Some other custom touches: Edge Cycles Fox stickers (ala Austen and Chenz) Saddle detail: Headset / Stem Hose clips and Silicon Tidds (saving 0.24gm of weight!)
  15. ovadahill

Strong magnets don't really work with aluminium alloy ovadahill loitering@edgecycleworks