Recent content by NUMBER5

1. NUMBER5

What do your kids ride?

We've found DC shoes to be the best, price wise(always buy specials) and good sole pattern. When it comes to riding gear, nothing beats kmart/target stuff lol. Our kids get a choice of really good bikes, good safety gear and average riding gear or.... well they don't get that choice hahaha.
  2. NUMBER5

Mud Guard & Manitou Fork

I will be doing exactly that if I can't get a better option :D
  3. NUMBER5

Mud Guard & Manitou Fork

LOL.... Time flys when you combine netflix and beer ;) So when did it change so you can't do everything with a 5mm wrench... farrk!!! Little tacker's bike is like .5 degrees steeper than my DH rig.. WOT DA??? Gotta get my head round all this new gizmo shite lol. Daughter chucked in the towel 3...
  4. NUMBER5

Mud Guard & Manitou Fork

Oh ok.... I'll have to ask the bike shop. Thanks for that.
  5. NUMBER5

Mud Guard & Manitou Fork

The fork is one of these 'Manitou J-Unit 24'. Didn't come with mudguard, maybe because it's 24in. Maybe I'll ask if it's an option with the shop. I did think of punching new holes but was worried about crud coming through the old hole, guess I could tape over them. Thanks for the replies.
  6. NUMBER5

Mud Guard & Manitou Fork

We just bought our son he's first MTB and I haven't hit a trail for like 8 yrs, so not up to speed with all the new bits n pieces. Anywhoo, I want to put a mudguard on my son's bike but he has a Manitou fork with the arch on da back. Just wondering people's experiences of putting a mudguard on...
  7. NUMBER5

What do your kids ride?

Fortnite-----Roblox-----Minecraft---:mad::mad::mad:
  8. NUMBER5

Early retirement / FIRE

Yup!! We're at the point now where the little ones will prep, groom and water the track while I just limber up and get ready to ride........... FARKIN NOT!!!!! hahaha
  9. NUMBER5

Early retirement / FIRE

Don't know about everyone else, but when the temp gets below 8 degrees and over 35 riding's not FUN anymore hahaha. We did a bit of a tree change about 2.5 yrs ago up to the Hunter Valley. Weather's pretty awesome although we could do with a bit more rain. The worse season here is summer but...
  10. NUMBER5

Full face helmet for a little kid

We had our kids in these Cratoni helmets from prob 1.5 yrs. This is the modern day version me thinks. They converted to a half shell, super light but you wouldn't what to hit a tree at 30kms with one ;) Had our boy in one pretty much 24/7, even when he was just walking around as he would try and...
  11. NUMBER5

What do your kids ride?

I never knew this. Maybe the they should look into the BMX race scene where kids are racing from the age of 3/4 on race bikes with only rear hand brake and until recently prob clipped in as well. "Coordination, dexterity or brain power"..... pffffffff !! Now I know why we couldn't find a decent...
  12. NUMBER5

Dishwasher

We replaced a Miele with a Bosch 6 series with the stainless steel inside thingy last yr. Hasn't skipped a beat, really quiet. Like how the dishwashing tablet dispenses, has never stuffed up once. With the Miele, every now an again the tablet would get stuck in the dispenser and we'd have to do...
  13. NUMBER5

You know you're getting old when ...

- It dawns on you that the guy sitting next to you in the car going for a ride wasn't even born after you left college. o_O -When my 8 yr old tells me to be careful when I get on a bike, skateboard.. basically anything with wheels as it really stresses him out. -Having to get the kids to read...
  14. NUMBER5

What do your kids ride?

The angles looks so good on that thing, want bad!!! Unfortunately the answer from the finance dept is still a flat "NO, they got too many bikes already!!!" .... yeah, but the only bike we're missing is a mtb...... "NO!!".... yeah but..... "NO!!" bahaha. :(:(:mad::mad:
  15. NUMBER5

What do your kids ride?

Thanks for the info.... think I'll just coat tail you and see how you solve any issues that may arise ;):p