Recent content by Nambra

1. Nambra

You laugh you lose

Bit late to the party on this one... surely this is a candidate for the dicks & Herald Sun thread.
  2. Nambra

Nerfonomics

Similar story here @ozzybmx, had a mate die on his 41st birthday maybe 10 years ago, in front of his wife and two young kids (1yo & newborn, got married late). Cardiomyopathy from memory; he new about it and his doctor told him he had a 1% chance it would kill him. Was otherwise a fit, healthy...
  3. Nambra

Nerfonomics

This is true, but it's not as bad as you might think and very dependent on the type of property you own and the type of tenants it will attract. If you look after your tenants they'll usually look after your property. Don't forget there are landlords out there that are total shitstains too. That...
  4. Nambra

Nerfonomics

SMSF's are more effort and the annual compliance costs can be high ($1k-2k pa) so you need to factor that against the gross returns to see if it's worth your while. I don't know that setting one up simply to purchase property is worth it, but by all means do your own research and do what's best...
  5. Nambra

Drawings dicks on the herald sun

Mmmmm... dick cheese. "Rubbed, oiled and finished by hand..."
  6. Nambra

Coffee addict needs help from smart person

New group head gets you back in the caffeine... sort the old one out later and have a spare for next time the screw breaks. Was going to suggest you get a small jeweller's flat bladed screwdriver on an angle with the tip of it in that partial groove you've made and gently tapping on it, like...
  7. Nambra

Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

Had a laugh at this question during a Pentagon briefing recently.
  8. Nambra

You laugh you lose

What's left of them. I've done contract work there since 2009 and a lot of those old guys have retired or been put out to pasture. It's a very different place now.
  9. Nambra

You laugh you lose

Not sure if I could get away with this one... https://frothies.com/products/frothy-gump-tee
  10. Nambra

Bargain buys thread

Thought so - buy cheap, don't stop... Got plenty of brakes lying around anyway, don't need any more.
  11. Nambra

Custom title time

I ran over a roo just before Christmas, glad I didn't fess up to that. Clearly still deserving of my current title. I did get new glasses a couple of weeks ago if it makes skippy feel any better.
  12. Nambra

Bargain buys thread

Anyone know anything about Clarks brakes? Merlin has two 4-pot options for what seems to be very competitive prices: https://www.merlincycles.com/en-au/clarks-crs-c4-cnc-4-piston-hydraulic-disc-brake-set-295294.html (look a bit Hope-esque, $307 for both ends including rotors)...
  13. Nambra

Is a chain checker worth it?

If you run multiple chains to extend drivetrain life or are the type that remove their chain when cleaning the bike and/or drivetrain, make a simple wear checker by fixing a 3mm screw into a vertical surface that you can hang the chain off (I have modular shelving with steel uprights and use one...
  14. Nambra

You laugh you lose

Is there some bear-meme website that you frequent @bear the bear?
  15. Nambra

Contemporary trail building rant

Electric scooters are the preferred means of transport for most of the unsavoury types around here. Originally it was the cheap Chinese 2-stroke conversions on pushbikes, then electric motor conversions, now scooters. I'm ok with that though, the petrol powered bikes were pretty offensive when...