Recent content by mike14

1. mike14

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lap of lysterfield to try and get some kms back in the legs. Maybe I do need to ride more than once a week... It might just be I noticed them more, but seemed to me that it was almost 1:1 e-bike to regular bike. No issues with that, but surely you take an e-bike somewhere more interesting?
  2. mike14

Goddamn, 82kph is nuts! I hit around 70 a few weeks back and I was seriously worrying about sliding across the road into cars coming the other way (would have looked cool though...)
  3. mike14

Don't judge it until you've tried it...:D
  4. mike14

VIC Handlebars: Nukeproof, Rocky Mountain, RaceFace

SOLD Item: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon Bars 780mm (uncut), 35mm diameter, 12mm rise, 5 degree upsweep, 9 degree backsweep Location: Melbourne, happy to post Item Condition: Very good. Slight scuffs from where they've been clamped. Scratch on bottom as per photo Reason for selling: Time for a change...
  5. mike14

Sold WTB Volt Race Saddle

Item: WTB Volt Race Saddle 142mm, chromoly rails Location: Melbourne. Happy to post Item Condition: Really good. Off a 5 month old RM Altitude. Swapped it out after around 100km. Some dirt scuffs on the fabric parts as per photos Reason for selling: WTB and my taint really don't get along so I...
  6. mike14

The QUICK question thread.....

So just lube then?
  7. mike14

The QUICK question thread.....

Could possibly go in one of the drive train threads, but... I'm getting a crunching sound coming from the drivetrain when pedalling especially in the easier gears when spinning up a hill. Having a look at it on the stand, it looks like the chain is getting hung up/sticking at the bottom of the...
  8. mike14

The You Yangs Thread

Could probably loan you an Altitude for the day...
  9. mike14

The You Yangs Thread

I'm erring on the side of caution as I don't trust myself coming through Turbs trying to carry any kind of speed, (and can't really afford to take the associated recovery time :D); so instead I'm volunteering as track marshal for the Sunday.
  10. mike14

Electric Vehicles etc

I think we'll get to that point, but introducing it when the uptake of EVs is slow is stupid IMO. ONce the uptake is large enough and you can identify the tipping point from an ICE majority to an EV majority, then you start introducing a new system; you don't disincentivize people from even...
  11. mike14

Electric Vehicles etc

This is why you watch to the end. They point out the stupidity of the Victorian government
  12. mike14

I did something similar to my Code lever, basically turned it into a J shape. I bent it back by slipping the end of a wrench over it and just using leverage, after placing a wooden block between the lever and handlebar to act as brace. Couldn't bend it all the way back to straight, but fixed it...
  13. mike14

The last movie you've last watched last

Rahul Dravid was a cricketer...
  14. mike14

Very early start for Youies for what has become an almost tradition of my own little dawn service followed by a ride. Beautiful morning and the trail conditions are almost perfect after the recent rain. My drive train sounded very sick and didn't feel smooth at all, so cut the ride short to come...
  15. mike14

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Yesh I think so. They already list a motion control damper on the website upgrade on the website, so it's something they're aware of. I'll be inetersted to see if this with Shimano 12 speed becomes a mid-level bike staple for 2022 bikes