1. merc-blue

VIC WTD, QR Disc Hubs

20 inch. 36H hubs wouldnt hurt either
  2. merc-blue

VIC WTD, QR Disc Hubs

yeah just standard 135/100 QR disck hub. 32 holes probably idea
  3. merc-blue

VIC WTD, QR Disc Hubs

Item: WTD pair of QR hubs or rear only. for wheel build kids bike which rear hub has died on Location: Geelong but will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on the hubs but ideally under 100 Extra Info:
  4. merc-blue

Product Review Pro E4 brakes

Anyone still running these how are they gping longer term?
  5. merc-blue

Low stack stem -DMR defy etc

Item: looking for a short low stack stem. Bar size not critical Location: geelong but will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: Defys are 100 on pushys so that or less? Extra Info: prefer black or silver
  6. merc-blue

AM Balfa belair. Yeah baby

Always found these interesting kinda like a pre-cursor to the digit datum Quite jealous of the group of balfas. My minuteman is one of the frames I truly regret selling.
  7. merc-blue

TAS 27.5/29 - 130/150mm Boost Forks <$300?

Abit over your budget but johnny sprokets got Z2s cheap ATM worth abit more for new fork?
  8. merc-blue

Ampt Engineering - Ti pedals

I just want to clarify. nothing about redundant pricey products was specifically targeted at you. I remember in early-mid 2010s, I was doing a bunch of work with data/telemetry on bikes and kind of parked the idea, thinking nobody would pay for that. We had a pretty robust setup for telemetry...
  9. merc-blue

Ampt Engineering - Ti pedals

Interestingly, we have a thread about the "collapse" of the bike industry, primarily due to overpriced, niche and redundant products, and here we have an investment cast Ti flat pedal. These look cool, maybe I am a little concerned about the low-contact area. Either way with the cost of living...
  10. merc-blue

Cracked Carbon Rim

Ive had 3 sets. Admittedly they were all OE (bontrager/roval) but a flat shouldnt cost a rim.
  11. merc-blue

Cracked Carbon Rim

Scrap it. I still cant really get my head around carbon rims on MTBs. Just such a common area for damage and really hard to repair.
  12. merc-blue

Servicing older model Fox Float Forks

Oil has had moisture in it. Dont bother opening it, finding the piston ring as a spare will be very difficult. Push the base valve open with the end of a ziptie and cycle out the oil. Then sit it in some clean oil and cycle it until it runs clean. test the lockout is firm, and make sure it...
  13. merc-blue

Chisel...but not as we know it.

Hows it ride on the 120mms? Im looking at a new hardtail. Dont want full enduro 170mm hardtail dont want a 100mm xc race bike. One of these is on the list (also a fuse with 29 wheels)
  14. merc-blue

Disc brakes for kids.

Fair call. Fixed
  15. merc-blue

Disc brakes for kids.

Off topic but I feel like i have a few parents who have been thru this posting here, don't want to get carried away cause he will outgrow this bike in a year or 18 months but the revoshift/tourney gears are really kinda crap. poor kid trying to learn gears and the system isnt healping rear wheel...