Recent content by marc.r

1. marc.r

Pike Service Problem - Lowers won't come off

Hold the phone...one more try and they came off. Still no idea what I did differently this time. :Banane25: Thank you again everyone. Now I can sleep well tonight!
  2. marc.r

yes your right but they arnt coming off! I've inserted and malletted and pulled about 10 times now thinking I have missed something but no change. I am ready to give up and send them in to a shop! not the relaxing sunday I was hoping for!!!
  3. marc.r

hahah happy to admit i have no idea what i am doing! i'll confess once I know enough to realise what I have fucked up!
  4. marc.r

so the rods are both free as I can push them. both sides look like they have dropped oiljust not a lot out of the damper side. taken off the air side cap and pulled but same result vacuum/comes to a stop. im pulling pretty hard, in the videos they just seem to slide off so i'm not sure...
  5. marc.r

so you think keep on bashing with the mallet?
  6. marc.r

Hi Guys, So its a rainy afternoon and I have all the tools so i decided to have my first go at servicing the lowers on my Pike. So far I have removed followed the sram instructions and youtube videos but its not working as it should. 1. removed the air. 2. removed the rebound bolt...
  7. marc.r

Am I crazy for not wearing a helmet.

So in summary. If you have good hair don't spoil it with a helmet. If you look like Johnny. Full face helmet even when your doing a milk and fags run.
  8. marc.r

Derby in Tassi

1. 2 hours Sydney to launy 2. 1.5 hours launy to Derby 3. Renting a car like you said is a good option. 4. No you dont need to pay a fee (although you will want to pay for shuttles) 5. Not much formal accommodation in Derby but there is a lot of options on Airbnb. The town is pretty much...
  9. marc.r

All Mountain Tyres

Seconded. Call it the minion trail. A little slower rolling on the rear than an xc tire or semi slick but great cornering, climbing, braking grip. Fantastic match for a dhf front on a trail/enduro bike.
  10. marc.r

Canyon MTB - Real Life Experience

Great thread. Good information mofo.
  11. marc.r

Newbie From Coffs Harbour

Check Strava or pop in to Woody's wheels in woolgoolga to see Scott. He has done some great work on some trails behind woolgoolga. I think they held an enduro event there a few weeks ago. Dozer on here is leading the charge on the DH scene in coffs too and is has the mt coramba dh back and...
  12. marc.r

Derby in Tassi

I think i might be able to eek out 2 days ridding the week after the EWS is in town (say hello blown out tracks). any regulars or experienced derby riders give some advice on 1. accommodation - looking at weldborough hotel - we will have a car with us so thinking of driving into Derby...
  13. marc.r

The gaming thread

don't forget to overclock that 1070 too! they all seem to be good for 2000mhz and about 9000mhz on memory
  14. marc.r

VIC Norco Sight Killer B, Medium $1900 - SOLD

absolute bargain. great frame and design. with these specs this would be a $5k + new bike.