Recent content by madstace

1. M

Formula One world championship

I've gotta admit I haven't followed this one closely but seems the same ruling as Mercedes' DAS system should be how this one is judged - if the tech regs have been followed correctly then there shouldn't be any penalty or mid-season revision, just a loophole to be closed for 2022. Would prefer...
  2. M

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

I can't remember where I'm at with the Topaz but for the Onyx I'm closer to Ibis' recommended settings than DVO's, which I thought was a bit odd.
  3. M

In fairness the only suspension I've seen @blacksp20 bottom out is the rear shock on a 2008 Giant Reign set up for a whippet :p +1 for DVO but go the Onyx, I reckon I'm fat enough these days to vouch for it. Diamond is still an amazing fork though!
  4. M

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

Is this posted officially anywhere? Any leads on the new location? Would be good to know where they're not going to correctly lodge a DA for next (or at all) :rolleyes:
  5. M

Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

I'm actually onboard with the convention, should be how we described all bikes that are trying to do 2 things at once. If we use TT/triathlon bikes as a start point, we could have: Downtrial Downroad Downgravel Downcountry Downtrail Downmountain Downduro Downcycle (unicycle with suspension)...
  6. M

The QUICK question thread.....

On topic of DHR2s up front, I still love my 2.4" 3c Maxx Terra front/Dual Compound rear combo, and thats followed on from 26 to 27.5. Great grip but still rolls ok. A few pages back someone was asking about grips for gripshift, remembered you can get the Ergon GA2 twist shift set...
  7. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I speed-scrolled past this pic and read it as BOOMER, which reminded me of a strange tech at one of the LBSs me and @blacksp20 used to go to who would call them "Marzoomi", so your shock is now the Marzoomi Boomer :p
  8. M

New frame or new bike?

He's taken down his "explanation" video too, likely those outside his echo chamber weren't buying it. The mind boggles...
  9. M

New frame or new bike?

I could easily have that wrong, but I did think it was definitely north of $100. Even then, I get that might be the price for replacement ones, but seems like it should be an "included with" on a new frame. Nitpicking I know.
  10. M

New frame or new bike?

+$200 for the dropouts, which just seems rude. Was pretty close to going with the Rail....
  11. M

New frame or new bike?

As someone who just went through the same fun of replacing a broken bike during a pandemic I feel your pain. geometrygeeks.bike was a godsend for comparing the geo of my existing bike against potential opinions. New bike still feels quite different to old, but static geometry was pretty close...
  12. M

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

I tried watching old mate's explanation video, strong Chops vibe. The S led in his PC just highlighted that the brand seems to be a strong magnet for general chuntiness, dislike all round :(
  13. M

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

8 days for my recent order, was expecting much worse
  14. M

lol I pulled up TLD in the pinkbike article comments on that interesting conversion, believe it or not, didn't get a response :p