Recent content by link1896

1. link1896

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

As bad as ZB Commodores(2020 Opel)? I was driving a hire car on a straight road in Tassie with a gravel shoulder at night, going the back way to Burnie, lane assist fucked up and I almost ended up with all 4 wheels on the gravel shoulder at 80-90km/h while the cluster was going fucking mental...
  2. link1896

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I see your 70 series and raise you with a Holden Rodeo RA series 2003-2008 which is actually an Isuzu, with desert dueler tyres about the same vintage as Dales trailer’s. Unloaded the weight distribution is bad, the 3.6 is very eager and traction control/stability was all but a wet dream for...
  3. link1896

You laugh you lose

A sperm whale with no asshole has less shit then Trump
  4. link1896

What might have been......

So many positive and negative memories come flooding forward reading all these stories. I’ve way too many fucked up ones I’m never sharing. I have learnt the really hard way it’s better to regret something you have done then something you haven’t done. It’s taken me 90 mins to write this...
  5. link1896

You laugh you lose

I helped a mate buy a 2012 Iveco Daily recently for his PA hire business. Fucking huge things. Our other mate, who drives the van sometimes to help out, knows exactly what to do once the bonnet gets dirty enough.
  6. link1896

Snakes

While they are known to eat other snakes including browns, this is what the experts say: A positive and widespread piece of folk wisdom about red-bellied black snakes is that they eat the more dangerous eastern brown snakes (Pseudonaja textilis), and thus if red-bellied black snakes are...
  7. link1896

Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

Higher then expected warranty costs could easily explain the price rise when you factor in everyone on the way through to the retailer is obtaining more margin.
  8. link1896

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

Now now, no judgement around here. I’m sure life still has meaning and purpose. Or so they tell me. The IFP, internal floating piston, is the most popular method to seperate the gas from the oil in a damper. The oil needs to be pressurised so it doesn’t cavitation during fast strokes, sit back...
  9. link1896

Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Aww but Gerry is such a loveable bloke who always puts others before himself.
  10. link1896

Burners' Backyards: Veggies, Gardening, Landscape & Design

Same. I also get some narrator quite loudly saying “Don’t fraternise with the ground staff darling” in a 1920s voice, if I step out of line.
  11. link1896

The last movie you've last watched last

Next you’ll be saying “the matrix revolutions” was good. True detective only shot one season, the sooner everyone learns to accept this fact, the sooner life can return to normal
  12. link1896

Burners' Backyards: Veggies, Gardening, Landscape & Design

https://youtube.com/shorts/pPQ5Wy0VpFI?si=GL6eSo23wFAjp05v
  13. link1896

Little Things You Love

Please live stream for us the 3am Border Force raid in your bedroom. The safe word tonight is fluggelgleckheimlen.
  14. link1896

What does your day look like?

The Swiss are now part of NATO. They are no longer semi hard thank you.