Recent content by kooga

1. K

WTB Rear Shock 190x51

Sounds good, let us know how it all goes
  2. K

WTB Rear Shock 190x51

Not really fussed, as long as it works fine, for my partners bike, and I am sure it would be a lot better either way compared to the suntour that was on it. Do you have any photos/ how much, would need postage to near wodonga
  3. K

WTB Rear Shock 190x51

Item: rear shock 190x51 Location: vic Price range/Willing to Pay: ideally under $250 but show us what you have Extra Info: is to replace rear shock on polygon from about 5 years ago, would prefer something that can be serviced /fixed and with lock out.
  4. K

15mm allen key

Cheers alo661, i could not see that at my local bunnings, they had a 14 and then jumped to 17mm which i thought was weird. Want to replace the hub tomorrow so will try the nut and bolt trick, otherwise off to a proper tool store.
  5. K

15mm allen key

Hey, did a quick search on here to no avail. Where is the best place to get a 15mm allen key to remove shimano free hub off a 12mm thru axel wheel? Tried local bike shop and bunnings and cant fond anything
  6. K

NSW sold

Hi, is bike still available? If so what year is the frame? Have the pivots been replaced or are they still origanal? Shock condition? Cheers
  7. K

Thredbo thoughts

Quick question. I know all the downhill runs are shut but does the thredbo valley trail close to bikes over winter as well? Is there still good rides around jindy ect to keep us busy through winter
  8. K

Aldi bike sale

Wont be getting it, but interested to know about the WD40 Bike lube? Is it different to normal WD40? If different is it still going to bugger your chain?
  9. K

WTB. 2nd Hand 26 inch Tyres, 29 inch Rigid Fork

Woops Plankasorus, i acidently reported that last post of yours with my reply. Would be interested in the forks, where are you located? No tires to swap, currently running really hard rubber ones that just dont cut it on the dirt.
  10. K

WTB. 2nd Hand 26 inch Tyres, 29 inch Rigid Fork

As above, wish for either, or both. Have an adventure race with my partner and need to organse a bike for her, however finances are tight at the moment seeing our fridge just died. Wish to get a set of used 26 inch tyres with a little bit of tread left, could even get away with old DH tires...
  11. K

Headset bearings

Thanks guys, Guessed that I would need a whole new headset from my limited research. That will be a LBS operations as I don't have the headset press tool/ dont want to be adding another post the the F**wit thread. With the forks, I have watched you tubed video's a lot, but still think help...
  12. K

Headset bearings

Need new lower bearing for my headset (reason in confessions from F****WITS )and have no idea what to get, and seeing as it was an OEM one if i need a whole new headset. Basically I have a a 2016 Merida big nine XT carbon, and need to know the best way to go. Do i need a new headset or can i...
  13. K

Confessions from the fuckwits

Cleaned, greased and went to reinstall lower headset bearing. Dropped it as i was putting it in, all the tiny ball bearings all over the shed floor . Now i need a new bearing, and have no idea what to get.
  14. K

Buy used bike USA

Thought I might restart this thread, heading to the US soon, is it significantly cheaper to buy second hand while over there espically with the exchange rate? Or not really worth it any more?
  15. K

Smithfield Trails

Where is the best place to hire a bike from for half a day? Heading up on Wednesday for a few days and keen for a ride. Also I generally ride XC hardtail, are the trails good for this, or should i get a Dually and go larger travel?