Recent content by Knopey

1. Knopey

Continental GP4000SII WET weather grip

I've been more than happy with my GP4000SIIs in the wet - within reason.
  2. Knopey

2015 Monaro Cloudride 1000

Great writeup thanks Climberman :high5:
  3. Knopey

2015 Monaro Cloudride 1000

Haha, one of only 4 to finish from the 18 starters, and he just says "Done". :dance::dance: Understatement! Congratulations J!
  4. Knopey

Ebola - The End of the World?

Back on topic: "Ebola - The End of the World?" To which the answer is "of course not, it's just that some things are tragic and suck and this is one of them". Be good if our nutjob politicians didn't make things worse though, as they seem determined to do. (Katter most obviously, but...
  5. Knopey

Majura Pines Trail Building Thread

Did you miss the community consultation/s held earlier? :deadhorse:
  6. Knopey

Bruce Ridge ACT

Use sarcasm all you want, but you actually were referring to volunteers. The original context is linked there, I just snipped it down. The consultation efforts have been detailed here and elsewhere. The land use priority has been made clear here and elsewhere.
  7. Knopey

Bruce Ridge ACT

Someone above when referring to the trail building volunteers: Quoted as an encouragement to have a bloody good hard look at yourself. Join the volunteer activities, work up a sweat, put some thought in to the design, compromise, do the background paperwork that they no doubt need to do...
  8. Knopey

Majura Pines Trail Building Thread

Sound great :) Ooh the plan has been done - I wonder, it sounds like the Master Plan might contain a planned trail layout or similar? If so, is this plan available on the Internet?
  9. Knopey

Bruce Ridge ACT

FoBR's work* is tops. Bruce Ridge is tops. I think they're both tops. :cheer2: * actually volunteering p.s. Re. the supposed lack of discussing works - maybe go to a trail maintenance event and actually discuss, chat, & learn then. There have been many opportunities... If you haven't gotten...
  10. Knopey

Trek 2013 Superfly 100 - anyone got experience with these?

I've had my Superfly 100 SL Elite for about a month. Carbon, so comparing apples and oranges to the alloy maybe (or maybe not?). Coming off an Anthem X 29er, the SF100 is a lot "tighter" feeling. Turns, pops over obstacles, rails, and flicks across the trail to avoid rocks very easily...
  11. Knopey

Rude Riders

It's nothing to do with Strava. There have always been, continue to be, and will always be, cocks.
  12. Knopey

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

I'm very happy with my Magicshine MJ-880 U2's - one for the bars, one for the helmet. Been flawless. Build quality is equal to my 2009 Ayups as far as I can tell. The light output is overkill really - I run them on 3/5 or 4/5 most of the time. Battery then lasts yonks. They were flawless in...
  13. Knopey

Mogo XC trails. Anybody know what state they are in?

Thanks for the update, was asking someone about this the other day and we had no idea :)
  14. Knopey

Entries Now Open for the 2012 WICKED WOMBAT 8HR ENDURO

Yep looking forward to this!
  15. Knopey

You know you're a cyclist when...

You realise that your ITB is real, has been ignored for a long time, and is out exact sweet revenge.