Recent content by jda

1. jda

Orbea Rise

It's East Heathcote
  2. jda

Orbea Rise

It's not the bike, I think something on my hydration backpack was hitting the chest mount.
  3. jda

Orbea Rise

A new video from today's ride.
  4. jda

Orbea Rise

Here is a summary of all the upgrades I've done on the bike since picking it up back in February. It was pretty good out of the box but some things had to change. Cranks - The standard E13 Cranks that come on the Rise have a habit of coming loose and then falling off mid ride. E13 tried to...
  5. jda

Orbea Rise

I grabbed a short video from my ride today. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg3ecBul4hF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  6. jda

Orbea Rise

Well I don't think this bike will ever be aerodynamic but luckily my commute can be done 99% offroad.
  7. jda

Orbea Rise

Thanks mate, considering how long I've had the bike I haven't really had much chance to ride it because of the constant wet weather. So I'm really looking forward to riding it more and figuring things out. I have been using it to commute to work when I can which has been great with petrol...
  8. jda

Orbea Rise

I went back to Kentlyn yesterday, my intention was to try and do 7 laps which would be about 50km. It would be a balance between battery life and my personal fitness but I got the balance wrong and tapped out at 5 laps. For anyone who has done the XC loop you would know that it is pretty full...
  9. jda

Orbea Rise

I did a full loop of the Kentlyn XC track today with the motor completely turned off, no worries at all, such an amazing bike!
  10. jda

Orbea Rise

I like the stealth look of it and considering most people are going to run a Garmin which will display all that info anyway its actually a really good idea from Orbea. The battery detail is certainly lacking with the little LED display but the assistance level is perfectly adequate now that I'm...
  11. jda

Orbea Rise

864m
  12. jda

Orbea Rise

I did a 58km ride yesterday without the battery going flat. A little red light comes on when the battery hits 20% remaining and I was still a fair way from home when this happened so I dropped it back to Eco (lowest assistance level) for the remainder of the ride and made it home no problem. I...
  13. jda

Orbea Rise

It died boosting up the last hill to my house and to be honest it felt like riding through wet cement after coming off Boost, but yes normally the bike pedals fine without the motor. I noticed the rattle on the first ride and have forgotten about it ever since then.
  14. jda

Orbea Rise

I used the bike to commute to work today, it was fully charged and the battery ran out about 20m from my house on the way home. The ride in was 15.2km with 221m of elevation gain. For the ride home I went the long way so I could ride a whole lot of singletrack. It was 38.2km with 759m of...
  15. jda

Orbea Rise

I took some more photos today and I've made a new thread in the "post your ride" section. https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/orbea-rise-m10-ebike.320359/ I took it out on its second ride today, I didn't have much time but did the full loop of everything at Mill Creek. I was...