Recent content by j0w1s

1. J

Bargain buys thread

They are actually just a solid everyday bike for kids/teens. My daughter was on one for a couple of years before she inherited my wife’s Stumpjumper and she ripped Derby and Hobart trails on it. I have one for sale in Hobart if anyone is interested.
  2. J

TAS Fox Float DPS Factory EVOL LV 2021 165x45 Trunnion

Still available. $250.
  3. J

TAS Xfusion Manic Dropper 150/30.9mm

Dropping the price to $225. Somebody stop me. Madness.
  4. J

TAS Fox Float SL Factory 190x40

Dropping the price to $400, thanks.
  5. J

The Brig

At the end of the day, I got new Code RSCs for $295 so I guess ‘you get what you pay for’ sometimes refers to more than just the product itself. On the other hand, if they only sold products that they had in stock and the brakes arrived within a normal timeframe I would probably be stopping...
  6. J

The Brig

Codes have arrived, one month after the ETA when I ordered them. (Something something) let down by a third party (something). I think the ‘pre order’ thing doesn’t work without a reliable supply chain. One of the brakes was brand new with sealed (albeit OEM) packaging, so they exceeded...
  7. J

AM Knolly Tyaughton

That chainstay protector is fly AF ;) Happy to hear it’s working out well for you.
  8. J

The Brig

Haha. Wheels from Germany arrived before brakes from Sydney.
  9. J

The Brig

Oh yeah. I am in no way endorsing the stupid prices of components these days, but relative to the prices anywhere else in Australia for the same cassette, they are at a fair discount. 45T is my bail-out gear, hence why I’m usually on that ‘rhythm step’ cassette. I’m experimenting with 50T and...
  10. J

The Brig

My XG1295 cassettes arrived today. They have grease on the threads/splines, so I assume they were OEM on a bike at some point, but otherwise appear brand new. For $380 each I’m prepared to live with that.
  11. J

The Brig

I’m still hopeful but I think selling parts before they have them in hand is a weird business practice that is destined to frustrate customers.
  12. J

The Brig

The wait continues. They have offered to send the cassettes (which is promising at least) but are still unable to supply the brakes I paid for over three weeks ago.
  13. J

Red Bull Hardline Maydena

That road gap was pretty weak ;)
  14. J

Another one by Red Bull.
  15. J

Massive thanks to @oliosky for hooking me up with tickets (and copping the $25 fee to transfer them). Appreciated.