Recent content by hpatches

1. hpatches

Trails around Wagga or Tumbarumba?

Better put my name down for Tumba jobs this spring! Lovely spot but existing trails mostly seem to cater to rail trail crowd
  2. hpatches

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

100%. You’ll be wanting more travel in about three months if you get the Norco. This might make it six months before you want more travel and buy the 170mm bike you should probably just start with (Speaking from experience)
  3. hpatches

The QUICK question thread.....

FWIW I just put my cushcore back in after a few months without. With an “enduro casing” I got multiple flats (basically every second ride) and with a “DH” casing the flats stopped but I destroyed my rear carbon rim. I’m about 75kg on the bike, ride mostly Canberra trails. Bike feels good with...
  4. hpatches

27.5 rim

Thanks @Labcanary ! Could be a goer…
  5. hpatches

27.5 rim

Cracked my Light Bicycle rim yesterday… Item: 27.5 x 30mm (approx) internal, 32 hole. Ideally 550 ERD. Prefer carbon but beggars can’t be choosers. Location: Canberra, happy to pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: couple hundred for carbon, less for aloominum obvs Extra Info: new, second hand...
  6. hpatches

Thredbo/Narooma/Eden Trip

Didn’t pay to shuttle at Eden but you can self-shuttle and there are at least two good trails from the top (prana and old tom) which are long enough (3-4km descents) that you could just session those for half a day or day and not get too bored. Rode past some blue flow trails that looked pretty...
  7. hpatches

VIC 2019 Giant Reign Advanced Frame L

Yeah - hopefully you bought it?
  8. hpatches

VIC 2019 Giant Reign Advanced Frame L

What size shock does it take? And has anyone tried short-stroking these? Looks like it might make a fun “jib” bike with a 140ish fork if you can do it. Alternatively the Cascade link could help make it poppy…
  9. hpatches

Narooma MTB Trails

The new Narooma trails are incredible. Mogo is getting a big upgrade I believe, but Narooma is definitely worth the drive from BB
  10. hpatches

ACT SOLD Banshee Prime V3.0 Large

Bump, price drop. Save me from Gumtree!
  11. hpatches

Much obliged sir!
  12. hpatches

Item: Banshee Prime V.3 Large (470 reach) (this one: https://www.bansheebikes.com/prime-v3) Location: Canberra-ish, happy to post Item Condition: Functionally great, cosmetically good Reason for selling: Too many bikes Price and price conditions: $1100 ono Extra Info: Shock just serviced and...
  13. hpatches

Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

CRC seem to have lost my order too - tracking has it stuck in Sydney for nearly 4 weeks. I’ve asked for a refund. Courier was Evri
  14. hpatches

Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

I was feeling lucky, so I bought a 1/2 price dropper post from CRC on Friday. Got a dispatch email overnight. I won’t relax til it actually arrives, but they do still seem to be functioning.
  15. hpatches

ACT Small/Med half decent MTB wanted in Canberra

@Scotty T apparently there will be quite a few appropriate bikes to choose from on Saturday