Recent content by gonzo2

1. G

29er wheels - rim width

Another vote for wide lightning (29mm ID). Had them for 2.5years+ and then are holding out ok. They're mounted on an Ibis Ripley (130mm/120mm) and do all sorts of riding. I'm typically running 24-25psi (85kg rider), anything less and it feels a bit squirmy. This definitely depends on the tyre...
  2. G

Gravel grinder / tyres rim width.

they're pretty sweet on the road and I really think not that much slower. The tread in the middle is pretty fine/smooth. I did a ride out of Bilpin on them to wiseman's ferry and around. 200km, 50/50 gravel/sealed. I was really happy with them. It depends what the gravel is like though. We...
  3. G

Gravel grinder / tyres rim width.

I'm running Challenge Gravel Grinders 700 x 38. They are on 17mm (internal) width rims, the tyres are about 36mm wide. I popped the tyres on a set of WTB KOM 23 (23mm internal) rims and with the 5mm wider rim, they only went to 38mm wide.
  4. G

ubyk-pro website

Did you get stung with duty and GST?? how much was that all up? I'm thinking of getting the 303 FC disc variety.
  5. G

NSW [SOLD] Yeti ASR 5 Carbon 2011, medium, white

Item: Yeti ASR 5 Carbon, 2011. White. Size: Medium. effective top tube 23.7" - should suit 170ish - 180cm. 127mm travel. Location: Blackheath, Blue Mountains, NSW Item Condition: Fair/good. - Does have chips around bottom bracket and rub marks in a few places. - There is some cracking of...
  6. G

[SOLD] 26" Tyres: Conti Mountain King 2.4", Nobby Nic 2.25"

SOLD For Sale - 26" tyres Reason for sale: upgrade to wagon wheels. Continental Mountain King 2.4", Black Chilli, Protection Version will mount up tubeless. minimal wear $30 including post Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25" Evo, TLR (tubeless ready), Snakeskin minimal wear (bugger all...
  7. G

The discount code thread

CRC add 50GBP and get 5GBP off CRCR174NS8QF
  8. G

Wanted: Spare I-Spec bolts....

need some too hey guys I'm in the same situation as the OP, anyone got any spares?
  9. G

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

just got a call from Whispbar - they said i should return it for warranty. The guy on the phone went out to his car and he said there was no wobble at all. Kudos to them for customer service!
  10. G

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

i'd buy one! i just bought a Whispbar WB200 - it converts from QR to 15mm in a few seconds but it wobbles like crazy. i think ill have to get in touch with the supplier to see if its normal or if i got a bung one.
  11. G

american classic wide lightning

I've got a set of these in the 29er format and have had them for about 2 months, so take what I say with this is mind. I have a 130mm/120mm trail bike and ride in the Blue Mountains and a bit of Canberra, mainly XC type stuff. I've been running Rocket Rons (Snakeskin) 2.25, Geax Saguaro 2.2...
  12. G

Chinese Carbon

I reckon the rear triangle is in its "compressed" position i.e. its probably in as far as it will go. A couple of reasons -look at the lower linkage position & -there isn't much space for a fully extended shock in its current position
  13. G

Local Video: Joel Willis shreds Lithgow

anyone know what the second track is?
  14. G

Mt York Trail Conditions

yep, up Lawson's.
  15. G

Mt York Trail Conditions

rode it a week ago. Lockyers is great. It's officially open and trees have been cleared. Can't comment on mt york.