Recent content by geekman

1. G

The Brissie to Bright riding road trip!

I don't think trails are even open/shuttles operating until late Nov/early Dec at Falls. Usually the ski lifts keep turning until the end of the Sep school hols. Driving from Qld and its beautiful Spring weather to ride Vic seems crazy to me, Bright is one of my favorite towns in the state but I...
  2. G

maydena's trail conditions

Pedal? You can’t get to the top section but I really liked the climbing trails there, I pedalled 1 and a half days and shuttled 2
  3. G

Mystic MTB - Bright

The Vic Enduro Tour is meant to be in late April (no date announced yet) which would mean most of the park will be closed off for a weekend, something to keep in mind. Mt Beauty would be a good back up, good for a couple days and better than Beechy imo. Falls might be open by then too.
  4. G

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Couple of big days shuttling at Bright, about 50km of downs all up. Got cooked on my last run and OTB on down dj on that awkward rock launch drop about half way down. Dunno how I managed it, just tired I guess. Kinda funny how I had clean top to bottom runs down elevation and World Cup before it...
  5. G

In Perth visiting the parents so hit Kalamunda circuit today for the first time since 2013. Hired an ebike (trek rail) for the first time, some thoughts: there’s no better way to ride a wide range of trails if you’re travelling and time is limited. I could see how it would be useful learning...
  6. G

Dial Range, Penguin Tasmania!

Had my last run in Tassie down Iron Tor after 3 weeks travelling around and it was absolutely one of the best. Did a few laps of the jumps in the skills park then rolled straight into Penguin brewery, perfect end to the trip
  7. G

Derby in Tassi

We couldn’t believe some of the rigs we saw travelling around Tassie. Every campground the majority of the car/caravan setups would have been $200k+. It did seem like a lot of the crew with young families we spoke to had sold everything to purchase them for 12+ months on the road
  8. G

Derby in Tassi

That must be the Xmas rate, we camped at big 4 St. Helens in Feb and was around $40-50 pn. Facilities were fantastic and nice grounds too
  9. G

Red Hill new trail (please help!)

Happy to throw in some $$$ but the MP Shire has $7m surplus and they couldn’t spare another $80k to build the trail? They are probably spending that on the study to see if the nudie beach in Mt Eliza should stay a nudie beach. (from a disgruntled ratepayer)
  10. G

Super fun day, the bottom of stage 5 was chaos in the mud! Here’s some footage I saw on IG: https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cb4J_F6jbGT/?utm_medium=copy_link Great effort for doing stage 6 too, I was cooked after the 5. Did you hit the rock garden on 6 in the wet? I did a run of it yesterday and...
  11. G

Not for much longer, inbound testing requirements for Aus are being dropped April 17
  12. G

Did another lap of Beauty today and then went home via Bright as I was keen for a hero lap. Closures are done and fencing/signage is up. Peddled up mystic lane to grevids lane then up DJ, up and at’em is now closed. Hero itself is pretty chopped up on both the jumps and berms, shred Kelly was...
  13. G

Weekend trip to Mt Beauty to check the place out before rd 2 of the Vic enduro tour. Hectic place to both climb and navigate but some sick tracks. Some ruts would swallow 26in wheels :D you can kind of tell the tracks they are running as they have been slashed but I have no idea of the names
  14. G

A new laced up FR560 and cassette hand delivered at the 11th hour by the main man at Chainbrain this evening. Set the tubeless up with insert so if I dent this I think I need riding lessons on how to ride smoother :D On the ferry to Tassie tomorrow morning, will post some ride reports when I...
  15. G

New bike time - suggestions?

Could get 2 Marin Alpine XR's for the price of some of these bikes suggested :p Top notch frame/suspension but definitely corners were cut with the brakes, rims, dropper and hubs to meet the price point. Check out what Mark Matthews does on his on IG