Recent content by Freediver

1. Freediver

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

If you're going to joust get a straw broom and dip the straw end in Vegemite to mark the hits. This was a thing at RSF and so much fun with those little paper squares.
  2. Freediver

The QUICK question thread.....

I can't see myself buying anything other than Forekasters in the near future. Great for loose on hardpack, good mud shedding, roll pretty well and not too heavy. They do seem to wear quick though.
  3. Freediver

Snakes

edited because question answered while typing.
  4. Freediver

Russian Nightclub Bombing...

The last guy looks like he's sleeping peacefully.
  5. Freediver

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

China will do what China does which is whatever is best for China. In this case it's getting the best price on ore. The ore is priced according to Fe content and with significantly cheaper transport costs from Australia it's a no brainer. It doesn't surprise me that Twiggy has an ulterior...
  6. Freediver

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

It's possible i've had it and not known which I'm calling just as good as not having it. I've been on a 2 hour drive with a mate that tested positive, cleaned my mum's house with my sister just before she tested positive. I've tested after a couple other close encounters as well and always negative.
  7. Freediver

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

I still haven't had it, anybody else?
  8. Freediver

Flakey/Flawed Physics Friday

I've got a fun little thing happening at the moment solving a few of the problems with hydroxy stoves. I have 2 home made working stoves of different designs. So far I've managed to burn holes in a couple of pots due to atmospheric O2 but I've possibly got this solved now without having to...
  9. Freediver

Little Things You Hate

More than 2 things that can cause heal pain and if the pain isn't in the right spot for either of your first guesses then I'd look for something else.
  10. Freediver

Little Things You Hate

Put which ever distro floats your boat on a USB stick and give it a try from that. That way you can give it a try without putting anything on your hard drive.
  11. Freediver

Little Things You Hate

I've been on various flavours for over 20 year now. The last 10 have been on Ubuntu and drama free.
  12. Freediver

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/mar/14/australian-track-cycling-team-paris-olympics-hanzo-bike-cost
  13. Freediver

Little Things You Hate

I do a bit of spearfishing and I've been doing it long enough to not make rookie errors. Today I killed the fish of a lifetime and didn't manage to land it. I was swimming out and the biggest snapper I have ever seen swam straight underneath me, they don't swim slowly so I had no chance. That...
  14. Freediver

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

When my late partners kidneys failed she was given darbepoetin, a synthetic EPO that's loved by roadies. When I joked that I knew people that would pay a small fortune for it they stopped giving it to her to take home and started administering it at the hospital. Apparently it's abused a lot here.
  15. Freediver

The stupid questions thread.

Because when you're drinking at old bugger pace 3 cold beers are better than one that gets warm before you finish it.