Recent content by DougalStrachan

1. D

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Good aren't they - sent back the Duo's and got a second set for the young fella Yep - lacking light output - esp when paired with the MJ906 - can't say the weight bothered me tho @Oddjob just most places I pointed it the other light pretty much well had covered. The higher light source gave a...
  2. D

Bargain buys thread

Loved the Pushies cheapo Bolle's, got a set of clear lens like creaky and medium tint sunnies that were very bright red.
  3. D

Bit of an update from my post a while back https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/lights-megathread-all-questions-on-riding-lights-asked-and-answered-here.260166/post-3395847 The Cleanskin Duo verses the MagicShine 906 - in real world use the MagicShine has quite a lot more usable...
  4. D

Little Things You Hate

Yep - much rat poison was spread. Made my son place it under the house as I offered to switch washing the dishes that day with him. Sucker!
  5. D

Little Things You Hate

Of course it was three pipes chewed not two..... Hate to think how many are still under there 'just' holding on, ready to burst at an inopportune moment..
  6. D

You laugh you lose

Wife got me that tshirt.... (well similar, same content) Think she's trying to tell me something...
  7. D

Little Things You Hate

Well polybutylene pipes just the added thrill that they also have a second way to fail
  8. D

Little Things You Hate

Rats.... Burst water pipe the other night. Got it fixed, 5 mins later.... Another pipe goes. Rats are chewing through the bloody pipes. Whist I'm hopeful it's only two spots the pessimist in me says this might be a long process. I just want a shower.
  9. D

What do your kids ride?

It was on a 7 speed, so quality may have played a part. It was the distance of throw that was the issue, not the easy of use. Miss 8 can now use the rear trigger (I removed the front and converted to x1). The next issue it getting them to actually use the shifter rather than waiting until too...
  10. D

What do your kids ride?

Bit late to the party RE trigger shifters. Smalls hands struggle, especially front shifter. I converted a 24" bike to triggers but had to switch back to twist as they didn't have enough leverage with their thumbs.
  11. D

Confessions from the fuckwits

Long time ago I thought to myself - I'd best do a lower leg service on the Pikes....... <time passes> Ohhh better do that fork........ <more time passes> Yep I'll do those seals today....... <fade effect> Ahh a quick clean and drop some oil on the stanchions, good enough...
  12. D

Well this turned into along post..... Light roundup My Current Lights - (Price March 2021) MagicShine MJ-906 - ($280) Cleanskin Duo - ($100) Cleanskin Unite - ($70) Azur zap 1000 - ($30-$50) SolarStorm X3 - ($30) TL DR You get what you pay for, but cheap isn't always bad Most of these lights...
  13. D

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Wife -"A friend has an old bike and she want to get back into riding. Can you have a look?" Me - "Sure" <sigh> Perished tyres - check Seized gears - check Crunchy hubs - check at least the brakes work Lucky I have some old commuter tyres, I'll chuck some new cables in, give it a once over...
  14. D

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The better half found old mate the other morning on a ride, he didn't quite make it over the fence! We had to go back with a set of wire cutters. Understandably he was pretty shook up but got going. Been quite a few skips on the morning ride - barely missed one big bugger that jumped from...