Recent content by dirtdad

1. dirtdad

Electric Vehicles etc

Good to know. Is the towbar Tesla or aftermarket? I hadn’t thought about just using the m3.
  2. dirtdad

Electric Vehicles etc

Interesting ^^. Was the strap necessary? Maybe the ford will hang on a couple more years if I'm driving fewer kms now we have the m3. And I can get one of the EV utes that keeps getting promised...
  3. dirtdad

Electric Vehicles etc

Picking up a new LR Model 3 on Friday. So joining the EV crew (on novated lease as well FWIW). My old ford territory is still kicking on, but barely (270k kms and feels like it). So will also need to replace that at some point. Problem is it's my 5 bike rack car, and my 'throw all the kids...
  4. dirtdad

Electric Vehicles etc

5. dirtdad

What does your day look like?

There’s trail cam shots you can buy. The drone would keep hitting me in the back of the head as I baulk on the big features though…
  6. dirtdad

What does your day look like?

Back to work after Derby trip… sigh. Had a blast though. Shuttles with UDA. In town hit up the pizza joint, Cafe, Distillery, Dorset was booked out (oh well). Riding wise - A couple of days shuttling black stump. One day out to Blue Tier and Atlas. The runs I keep reliving in my mind: - Air...
  7. dirtdad

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

I picture the German post officer walking into a room and looking at two piles of parcels. One to Canada and one to Australia… To the left - a lone Canadian man sitting at a desk until the wee hours of the morning, small mound of parcels to his side, hand writing sorry notes to his countrymen...
  8. dirtdad

All Mountain Tyres

Humble brags… Also @Wake Jake
  9. dirtdad

You laugh you lose

Derby. Sans kids. Should be fun.
  10. dirtdad

You laugh you lose

Flying over tomorrow… might not leave if it looks that good.
  11. dirtdad

All Mountain Tyres

I’ll have you know I’m very scientific about taking advice from the internet! I’ll just drop 2 psi out each run until I crack my rim, then I’ll go up a couple.
  12. dirtdad

All Mountain Tyres

Good to know. I’ve got the Gravity casing, and had it at 28 (because I’m used to softer walled tyres, and somewhat heavy/casual with line choice). Will definitely try dropping some psi’s.
  13. dirtdad

All Mountain Tyres

Magic Mary + Hans mini review First ride. Both seem SOLID. I will probably need to play with pressures a bit to get the most out of them. Liked them overall. Had one moment mid corner where the MM seemed a bit vague as I leaned it over. But quickly found the side knobs. Rear HD rolls ok, brakes...
  14. dirtdad

Don't Mountain Bike on a Mountain Bike

Nek minnit - all new bikes coming with warning stickers about mud and water! FFS
  15. dirtdad

Interesting what Yamaha is doing

OMG you’re right. They listened to the internet bike forums… but ALL of them!