Recent content by Derek Yates

1. Derek Yates

Familiar Ground EP1 - Lysterfield

Yup, Nikon DSLR with a range of lenses. A couple of shots are a fixed action cam on a gorillapod too.
  2. Derek Yates

Ha. Thanks. It is Lysterfield so it's not super crazy but has plenty of fun bits! I actually shot on some SUPER busy long weekends with tons of other riders around. It's amazing what you can do with angles and editing! I'm sure a lot of people wondered what I was doing lurking beside the trails...
  3. Derek Yates

Thanks. It felt like many of days of long walks and short bike rides! I've got a few projects on the go but looking forward to getting back to theses again!
  4. Derek Yates

Thank You. It was a bit of work to put together but lots of fun too. Yeah super bad timing on the post! Cheers, Derek
  5. Derek Yates

It's been a while since I've been on the old Rotorburn! I've released the first episode of my web series Familiar Ground. The episodes focus on mountain bike destinations within one hour of Melbourne. The first episode is some of my favorite Lysterfield trails. It's all shot trailside with...
  6. Derek Yates

VIC Sold

Hey, sorry just sold. Derek
  7. Derek Yates

VIC Sold

SOLD. Thank you. Bike is now Sold.
  8. Derek Yates

VIC Sold

Photos Added I've added some photo's of the bike to this album: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2227 Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers, Derek
  9. Derek Yates

VIC Sold

SOLD - Please Delete Marin Mt Vision XM8 2013 - Frame Size - 17.5" (Medium), 26" wheels. It is the ultimate all rounder and can climb, descend and enjoy pretty much any trail. The build is mid weight so you can enjoy a few jumps and some rougher terrain without worrying. This uncommon bike...
  10. Derek Yates

VIC SOLD - Rockshox Reverb Stealth - 30.9 - 380mm - 125mm drop.

Sale Pending Sale Pending on this one.
  11. Derek Yates

Derby in Tassi

Range! It's a bit pedally but all the fun stuff is more fun with more squish. Plus Juggernaut is just down the road! :) Derek
  12. Derek Yates

VIC SOLD - Rockshox Reverb Stealth - 30.9 - 380mm - 125mm drop.

SOLD - Please delete Item: Rockshox Reverb Stealth - 30.9 - 380mm - 125mm drop. Left hand remote and hose. Original Connectamajig fitted (removable). All black. Location: Melbourne (South East) Item Condition: Brand New, Unused in box with bleed kit, reverb fluid, enduro collar, sticker...
  13. Derek Yates

MTB Freecoaster

Affix Freecoaster Hey, These are in stock now AND are on special at the moment (36t only): http://www.ocbicycles.com.au/ProdView.aspx?popup=1&Category=SXZF1&Product=91000 Talk to your local shop about pricing, we are just wholesale. Cheers, Derek
  14. Derek Yates

Chris Akrigg- A Hill in Spain

Mixed Up I love this hybridisation of styles. It's what got me excited about freeride back in the day. Taking the best parts of trail riding, DH, urban, trials and just having a rad time on a bike AND making it look sick. This is what mountainbiking needs more of, a bit of creativity and doing...
  15. Derek Yates

2011 Marin DH Team

Marin Team DH Hey, For those interested, Marin Team DH framesets are in stock now and available from Marin dealers Australia wide. Cheers, Derek