Recent content by danncam

1. danncam

The last movie you've last watched last

Started well and ended up turgid. Was disappointed by the end with the romantic sub plots and the one bad actor, that wooden over acting American woman
  2. danncam

What are you listening to NOW?

Beyonce's new country album, trying to see if it's any good. Not sure I love the cover of Jolene, it's hard to improve on Dolly's version
  3. danncam

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Glad you asked. Only rode with it for the first time today. Mainly road but some dirt road big corrugations and some dirt trail small roots. Very happy with my "Ali-GRX". The clutch works well. The cranks are quite schmick looking and have narrow wide teeth pattern. Most importantly I have no...
  4. danncam

Little Things You Hate

Thanks. I had plantar fasciitis last year while doing the Gibb River road, so just ignored it and kept doing all the hikes etc, and then spike balled the hell out of my foot once back to home. Luckily it sorted itself out. I think it might be because I've have a sore lumbar region so that puts...
  5. danncam

Little Things You Hate

New little niggle out of nowhere that you have to google. Is it nothing or is it something to get ahead of? (In my case, R heel pain for no reason). I'm going with either Achilles tendonitis or plantar fasciitis. The pain spot seems exactly between the two spots those pains might be.
  6. danncam

The last movie you've last watched last

Dune Part 2. Of course it was great (despite the cinema having five dead (bright blue at times) pixels with its projector. 9/10
  7. danncam

Swapped the original square bottom bracket FSA cranks and the 2x8 Shimano Claris on the Marin gravel over to Sensah SRX PRO 1x11 Speed 11s Road Bike Groupset STI R/L Shifter Rear Derailleurs GR3 Crankset. I only usually do basic wrenching, but it went smoothly, looks much better, and I assume...
  8. danncam

I ordered this sensah gravel one by groupset on the 1st, and they arrived last Friday while I was at Womadelaide. one week, that's pretty quick I'd say. Bought a second rear cluster for the second wheel set (one slicks and one knobby) and some new bar tape. I did forget the cables though, doh.
  9. danncam

Live Music Thread

From the chemical Brothers last Saturday to womadelaide this weekend. I think 3 hours of boogieing at CB tightened something up, and from bending down to wipe my chain before riding to work my lumbar back region is all farked. Hoping it's all ok by the 4 days of 35 degrees plus in the Adelaide...
  10. danncam

TraceVelo is the aliexpress youtuber I follow, and has reviewed Ltwoo and Sensah groupsets. Personally, today I ordered my "upgrades" to my very heavy but lurverly Marin Nicosia 2x8 gravel bike (very sloppy Shimano Claris derailleur and square taper FSA cranks) with a Sensah 1x11 44 tooth...
  11. danncam

Live Music Thread

Ditto
  12. danncam

Thoughts on Enduro certified convertible helmets

https://nsmb.com/articles/kali-invader-dh-full-face-helmet/ Might be your answer. I don't own one, and it's a Canadian experience (but it does get hot in their summer).
  13. danncam

That was my big miss, got stuck with a random little kid (maybe 10 or 11) after saving him from the middle of the Ministry mosh pit and then taking ages to find his aunty meant I missed the Prodigy at a big day out. Fark me.
  14. danncam

Everyone has a Quality Impairment Officer in their friend group
  15. danncam

You're right. All my scorn for old bands yet I'm going to be seeing the chemical Brothers at a vineyard this year.