Recent content by dan76n

1. D

ACT CORC 24 Hour

https://entryboss.cc/races/20293 Looks like we have the 24 in 24 :) .
  2. D

Number plates on bikeracks. Why do people make their own?

I've heard rumours of the AFP doing carpark inspections at Stromlo but not sure if they were actually booking people or just warning them.
  3. D

Sorry bike trailer as in Thule or Shingleback.
  4. D

Living in Canberra I‘ve noticed a considerable amount of home made number plates attached to bike trailers. What is the reason behind this as surely when forking out hundreds or more on a bike trailer one can afford the additional $50 for a number plate? Not sure if the police actually enforce...
  5. D

Putting new bike in storage for 3 years?

Thanks all. It’s more a case of me having very limited time to use the bike as apposed to not being able to take it. If I was going to Antarctica I’d just get snow tires ;). I think I’ll just cancel and keep my current bike and take that, then when we return I can upgrade.
  6. D

Putting new bike in storage for 3 years?

Hi all, I ended up pulling the pin on a Giant Trance X Advance Pro 2 for $3,999 and am due to collect it this week. Lo and behold a Parktool spanner has been thrown into the works where on opportunity to go away for work for a few years has come up. I’ve spoken to the bike shop who have been...
  7. D

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Not sure if this has been posted but I was looking at a bottle cage and this popped up...
  8. D

Sorry that link isnt working.
  9. D

cheers, does it have a backing that it’s stuck to to make it easier to cut into shapes or is it just like sticky tape where it’s rolled onto itself around the roll?
  10. D

Has anyone tried any Aliexpress frame skins?
  11. D

ACT CORC 24 Hour

Doesn’t seem the CORC 24 is coming back for 2023 .
  12. D

New bike time

I sent Canyon an email to check if their sale will still be running when the Neuron 7 will be back in stock for my size and received the below response which is a little odd. Please be informed that we do not have information on when the on going sales will be ended. Kindly subscribe to our...
  13. D

New bike time

I've not looked at Specialized as they tend to be a bit pricey but those prices are enticing. The Comp is out of stock in my size but the Evo comp isn't so I might go have a look at one. Does anyone happen to ride the EVO and if so how does it climb? My old man joints like the idea of the extra...
  14. D

New bike time

Oh really, Ill check that out.
  15. D

New bike time

Hi all, My b'day is coming up so have decided its time for a new trail bike. I've set a budget of 4k and have so far found the below two options take my fancy. Marin Rift Zone Carbon 2 Currently on sale $3,699: https://www.bikesonline.com.au/marin-rift-zone-29-carbon-2 Giant Trance X Advance...