Recent content by dan76n

1. D

Product Review New Cleanskin MTB range!

I’ve got pretty poor night vision so I don’t think the unite 1000 would cut it for me. The duo 2200 seems the better option as it’s not priced too much more and comes with an external battery pack which has a very handy padded Velcro pouch.
  2. D

Rotorburn strava

Sorry I probably didn’t word that too well. I meant it along the lines that If your mates don’t have premium they can’t access theirs and their followers segment times so they won’t be that interested in competing with you. Most of the fun with segments is how you rank against those you are...
  3. D

Rotorburn strava

Agreed, and I’m sure they are expecting quite a bit of backlash. I personally think the fee is too high but in a few months time I might miss the features too much and just pay it. Might become one of my bday presents or something like that. ( no worse than socks and undies I guess). I’ve been...
  4. D

Kids MTBs - jump from 20" to 24" ?

Yes very true. The eldest has the seat post to max now which is a good fit but that won’t last more than a month I’d say. The youngest should make it to her 6th bday in November I think. I’m hoping longer for her as she’s a bit wilder so the smaller wheels limit her speed a bit.
  5. D

Small form drink bottles for smaller frames

Hi all, So I’ve got my wife a new bike which is her first dually and is a small frame and her drink bottle is a really tight fit. was wondering if anyone can suggest a good smaller formed drink bottle? Alternately if I could get a bottle cage that sits a few cm’s lower on the frame would also...
  6. D

Kids MTBs - jump from 20" to 24" ?

Im leaning towards a rigid for my 7yr old daughter over a hard tail as I think long term shell be better for the raw feel of hitting bumps. My two girls (7 and 5) are still on 16 inch pedal brakes. Felt a little guilty when I took them for a spin at Majura pines crazy crab and the youngest kept...
  7. D

Best value ladies dual suspension MTB under $3000?

Ended up going with the Giant trance 2 27.5 in a small frame and the wife loves it. She now has a better bike than me, although I plan to take it for a spin one day.
  8. D

Bringing this back to life. I postponed Xmas as Bday is April. Wife has been riding a hardtail medium 29er which is a little too big as she’s 168cm tall so I’ve been looking at the small Giant Trance 2 but not sure about the 29er or 27.5. I’m leaning towards the 27.5 TBH as I think it might give...
  9. D

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

I was planning on buying the wife a new MTB for her upcoming birthday, but with all this uncertainty going on Im thinking it might be best if she just has my current bike and I get a new one instead.
  10. D

ACT. Leaving bike rack on car when bike not being carried?

Hi all, I notice a lot of people in Canberra leave their bike trailers on their cars when not transporting bikes. Is this legal in Canberra? I could of sworn I had read it’s not allowed but can’t seem to find anything on it.
  11. D

MALF Newbie

Id suggest checking out the trails behind the Zoo. They are quite fun with not too much climbing. Also for some basic skills practice have you seen the new nature park at Farrer? Theres some nice little jumps you can just roll over, some good berms, a mini pump track and a few logs and bridges...
  12. D

This Giant sale looks sus in ACT.

This Giant on Gumtree looks a bit sus. Especially since it’s been spray painted.
  13. D

Knee Pads

I wear These. Been using them for 2 years now and would feel naked without them.
  14. D

Given the chance that will definitely happen. She’s already checking out who of my riding buddy’s she’s got the edge over on a few Strava segments. It won’t be long before she’s hitting sub 30 mins on the ”Climb to water tank” segment at Stromlo.
  15. D

I really feel for both in that situation. My wife is really enjoying riding and she has a group of lady friends that started riding once a week at the start of Winter. I figured if she can get through winter in Canberra without chucking it in there’s a good chance she’ll stick with it. I don’t...