Recent content by Coopz

1. Coopz

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

I did a course in Business management years ago and the rule no.1 was always charge the maximum figure people will pay.
  2. Coopz

Bought a comfort saddle, best thing ever.

I still think these things should be a legal requirement.
  3. Coopz

I spose everyone is different. A road riding mate has a carbon fibre saddle that cost a fortune and has a Kleenex tissue for padding yet he goes for 5 hour rides on it. My motorcycle had a big, plush seat but after 30m it started growing teeth so I bought a hard aftermarket seat, it's night...
  4. Coopz

My old Specialized HT still gets ridden a lot on gravels and trails. It's stock seat was crap, I bought a better 'Fabric' seat but after 30m on a rough road it would also start getting uncomfortable. Ended up buying a soft touring seat. Went out last night with a mate for a 20k ride and the...
  5. Coopz

MTB shoes

I always used SPD clipless on my gravel bikes (when I had gravel bikes) but since getting my first mtb as a kid in the 90s I've always just worn sneakers. I'd crash too much if I was wearing clipless. .
  6. Coopz

Fixable?

F it, I've glued it up, take it for a test ride tomorrow evening, yolo..
  7. Coopz

Fixable?

Brand new tyre, only done 25k, go through a rock garden and notice this after I get home.. No leaks but is there anyway to glue or repair it? Or play it safe and chuck it..?
  8. Coopz

Confessions from the fuckwits

I loathe haggling in person. Selling my wife's mountain bike last year, asking $700, women messages me, asks a few questions then said the bike sounds perfect and she will buy it. Comes around that evening with her dad, inspects bike, says it's good then asks if I'll take $400, I say I thought...
  9. Coopz

Confessions from the fuckwits

Not sure if this belongs here but my riding mate wanted a full face helmet, he saw a Troy Lee downhill lid, 'new, boxed, unused' on marketplace in his size. $150 less than retail. He organised a visit to the sellers house. He said the guy selling it opens the door and gives him the helmet box to...
  10. Coopz

Strange encounters on the trails

Last month about 8.30pm I was riding my XC bike through a local scrub forest, in the middle there is a big plantation of pine trees, I think it's called 'The Magic Forest'. I stopped for a drink and a breather, I looked in the middle vacant area, there were about 6 schoolgirls sitting in a...
  11. Coopz

2.5 year old new bike still OK?

Bought it from Mitcham Cycles. I think they had one left at that price.
  12. Coopz

I bought it, fucking liking it as well=) I thought you had to charge them everytime you ride them but after the initial charge and 3 20k rides through the trails it's still on 60% battery. I feel using boost mode is cheating though..
  13. Coopz

Tasmania to Subsidise E-Bike Purchases

I'm sure 80% of Australians couldn't find Denmark on the map even if it was on fire..
  14. Coopz

Tasmania to Subsidise E-Bike Purchases

Good thing they are not really part of Australia.
  15. Coopz

It's a teal blue with black forks